Please give me a suggestion!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I want to build a preamplifier and power amplifier and here have many amplifiers information. (ALEPH P, ZEN, BZLS, ALEPH X2, PLH, ALEPH-X, ALEPH 5, ALEPH 2...) I do not know how choose?

I like sound is soft and comfortable; High frequency is impressive and clear but no harsh to the ear.

Which preamplifier and power amplifier sound looks like the vacuum tube amplifier (use TFK tube)?

If you want DIY which amplifier is first choice? And why?
(I hope very much Mr. Nelson Pass can give me a suggestion!)

Thank you very much!

:)

It lagely depends what your budget looks like. A Zen V1 can be built for cheap and would fit your description. If you are willing to put more money in the project, a Zen V7 would be more interesting. The highs are IMHO better on the Zen amps than the AX amps. The bass is somewhat better on the AX types.

Magura :)

It lagely depends what your budget looks like. A Zen V1 can be built for cheap and would fit your description.
I would second that, the ZenV1 sounds really sweet:) If I were to build one more, I would up the psu caps, though. In the standard build, a bit of supply noise spills over to the speakers.
I guess a CLC filter like the one in the "Zen revisited" article, would be very good and well sounding:)

Steen:cool:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.