Starting my BGT boards based A30

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Finnaly the project moved from the dead point :D

A30 - based on BGT boards :D

Boards are 2/3 populated - the thing missing are transistors and 3W resistors ... I've miscalculated a bit - I completely forgot that A30 is derived form A3 - and so there is A LOT of 0.47 resistors (and I have some 1R ones at hand - but not enough of them :((( )

So it'll have to wait for few days to finish that ...

But then again - in the meanwhile maybe I'll find time to drill holed in heatsinks so I'll can test the boards :D

Btw - I have a Q about PSU:
in the test phase (and if everything working allright, probably also for finished Aleph) I'll use 2 160VA EI trannies ... And now I have 2 choices for capacitors:
- 8 new ROE 10.000uF/40V
- 4 used Sprague 36D 24.000/30V - but they are working OK ...
What would you guys use - newer stuff (but I find 40.000uF per rail a bit low) or 30% higher total capacitance?

Attachments

• a30boards.jpg
    a30boards.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 503
Hi!

As said - first it will be checked with those 2 trannies (becasue they are waiting to be used in some aplication for so long) - altough I think they will not have any problems - they are designed to work 24h/day with nominal power (that is 160V) and in those conditions they supply 18V on secondaries :D Regarding the fact that A30 has around 100+VA high consumption - they should have 50VA of advantage ;) :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.