why this car amps?!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello guys and sorry for my bad English.
Why is it big different between channels???
I have 4 Macrom synthesis1000 evolution car amps, which I can adjust in an independent way. I have big difference in the channels. The left channel has more power, which the right channel has not. I mean the difference between left and right is about 3dB and it is a big difference. I know all amps have a little difference between gains but not 3dB! When I adjust the left channel about 11 o'clock and the right channel about 2 o'clock then I have the same power. All my 4 amps have exactly the same problems, which the left channel, have more power and right channel have less power. These amps have a switch in circuit witch I can deactivate preamp and crossover and in this mode the amp is driven with a fixed sensitivity of 1.1V and the phase rotates 180' only right channel. (This mode because the sound quality will be the same as really home hifi amps) Therefore is important the right speaker output connection must be inverted. Now, I have no control over my input sensitivity gain adjustment and crossover. Both channel have the same output power. Which in this case it is correct. But I don't got it, when I have the switch on built-in preamp which in this case I activated input sensitivity gain and crossover the channels is different... This amps cost $1500 each and are very expensive. Now, Macrom say it is normal because into the pre-amp section there is an inverter circuit between channels, this circuit allows the mono configuration into the output speakers which I have very difficult to believe.
Thanks a lot if some guys can help me.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.