Question for circlomanen

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

rif

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I just read your zenitron and quadritron posts...

Let me preface this -- I don't have a ton of experience with circuit topology names/types.

Is the circlotron the same or similar to to the circulator/isolator that's used in the microwave frequency domain? If my googling is correct, circlotron was a copyrighted name so not always used...

The quaditron schematic, if I'm not mistaken, is nearly the same as an H-bridge motor controller?

thanks!

Is the circlotron the same or similar to to the circulator/isolator that's used in the microwave frequency domain?
No.
The "Circlotron" name is an LF tube amp name from the 50s.
"Zenitron" is a name i made up by mixing The Zen amp with the circlotron topology.
The Quaditron (It doesnt work) was an idea of creating a balanced pushpull SoZ type of amp with only n channel fets.
The amp is taking a rest while im building some horns at the moment.
I need two 20 k multiturn pots and a couple of 10 kohms 0,6 watt resistors to correct some things making the circuit unstable, and my electronic parts dealer is one hour away. Thats is a big problem!;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.