Apox Bosoz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OK, everyone likes to see pretty cases filled with home made stuff, Check it out

Attachments

• pre case.jpg
    pre case.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 620
Nudy view. Salvaged toriod and main caps from a $0.50 KLH reciever from Ebay.

Finally did something with the APOX kit I bought a few years back. I etched all of the other boards and made the case out of 1/4" surplus aluminum cut with a skill saw. The fron is RACO I offered a groupp buy on last year. Knoks were 2.125" bar stock cut on a miter saw, and filed and sanded on my drill press. Wood sides are purely cosmetic.

Attachments

• pre inside.jpg
    pre inside.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 624
there is also a subwoofer crossover in the far left corner. I made the boards mirror by mistake, but after all of the headache invested, I decided to just put the OPA 2134's on the bottom and let it be.

Now I need to finishe the faces for the Alephs you see on the granite bases

Attachments

• pre in action.jpg
    pre in action.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 544
That is one of the front panels to the Alephs in the system photo.

Thanks, I'm shopping for a new camera now. I still have a hum issue in the sub crossover, but the balanced full range outs are quiet. I need to add a balanced to SE driver to feed the sub crossover. I thought I could get away with just running it off of the hot and ground of the balanced out, but there seems to be some noise on the ground because the Alephs are quiet.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.