fed up with bosoz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
well, after cleaning up in my shop, i decided to try out the P1.7 boards i bought.

:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

when will it end. this is what the new one looks like... everything seems to be measuring ok, but i really havent looked at it much. its basically a mono PCB with all power supply components on board. you just plug in xformer and go. this is with nothing on input, and just a single RCA on the output. and it sounds worse than it looks...

Attachments

• p17scope1.jpg
    p17scope1.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 226
cowanrg said:
well, after cleaning up in my shop, i decided to try out the P1.7 boards i bought.

:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

when will it end. this is what the new one looks like... everything seems to be measuring ok, but i really havent looked at it much. its basically a mono PCB with all power supply components on board. you just plug in xformer and go. this is with nothing on input, and just a single RCA on the output. and it sounds worse than it looks...

edit:

to give you an idea, thats at 0.2v reading. the other scope pics from the bosoz were at 0.05v.

well, after finding out that the schematics was incorrect on the new preamp, i got it figured out, and it works great. its not absolutely silent, but its quiet enough. it just has a little hiss when volume is at full. its good enough!

im going to get that built and then turn my sights to getting the bosoz working. ill end up just selling it probably, but i really want to know what is wrong with it!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.