Bride of son of zen -----> WHERE?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
well I'm doing a Ciuffoli Power Follower 99 and when it will be ended, I will have to begin to build a preamps.
I premise that I don't have any balanced imput or output in my components, on the contrary i have only rca connectors.

My idea was to build the "bride of zen".
Subsequently I have read in this forum that the "Bride of son of zen" exists also and is better.
where I can find online the article that draws the "Bride of son of zen"?
Has the "Bride of son of zen" its imput and output unbalanced?

Another question, if I wanted to build the "Balanced Line Stage" with unbalanced imput and output, could I use the underlying configuration?

XLR -------> RCA
Pin 1 -----> RCA Ground
Pin 2 -----> Hot or RCA center pin
Pin 3 -----> Lift

m60gpmg said:
well I'm doing a Ciuffoli Power Follower 99 and when it will be ended, I will have to begin to build a preamps.
I premise that I don't have any balanced imput or output in my components, on the contrary i have only rca connectors.

My idea was to build the "bride of zen".
Subsequently I have read in this forum that the "Bride of son of zen" exists also and is better.
where I can find online the article that draws the "Bride of son of zen"?

You may find it here:
http://www.passdiy.com/legacy.htm

Has the "Bride of son of zen" its imput and output unbalanced?

Another question, if I wanted to build the "Balanced Line Stage" with unbalanced imput and output, could I use the underlying configuration?

XLR -------> RCA
Pin 1 -----> RCA Ground
Pin 2 -----> Hot or RCA center pin
Pin 3 -----> Lift
The BOSOZ borns balanced. You can use it unbalanced (with more distortion and less gain) putting the unusued input (usually XLR pin 3) to ground (and of course not using the corrisponding out). The "Lift" you mention on your scheme means "no connection"? If that's what you mean, no then, short it to ground.

ciao,
Roberto

In this page there are the "bride of zen" and the "Balanced Line Stage" but there isn't the "Bride of son of zen"

The BOSOZ borns balanced. You can use it unbalanced (with more distortion and less gain) putting the unusued input (usually XLR pin 3) to ground (and of course not using the corrisponding out). The "Lift" you mention on your scheme means "no connection"? If that's what you mean, no then, short it to ground.

Well, you think it's better if i build th"bride of zen", that it is natively unbalanced.

ciao
m60gpmg

P.S. sorry for my English that results to be very oxidized.

m60gpmg said:

I have been wrong, I wanted to say:
Well, do you think that I am best if I build the" bride of zen", that is born/native not balanced?

Ciao
m60gpmg

P.S.
I have forgotten to thank you for the help given me
Frankly, I wouldn't exactly know what to advice. I haven't heard the Bride of Zen, but if you are planning to build other (balanced) Nelson projects in the future, BOSOZ is the way to go. The Bride of Zen will never go balanced, while the BOSOZ goes unbalanced too. Surely is more flexible. For myself I would decide (as I did) primarly on this ground (no pun intended) :D

ciao anche a te,
Roberto

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.