Threshold Stasis 2. - Page 6 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th June 2007, 04:06 AM   #51
diyAudio Member

Default Stasis Offset

It is also possible to match up the differential pair of transistors. The available parts are A 18. A pair of 6571 was often used during the manufacture of these units. If one of these devices is damaged, the offset will go out of spec. I always look for less then +/-50 mV
JonS
Old 28th June 2007, 02:56 PM   #52
diyAudio Member

Jon, I think that I just may ship you one of my Stasis 2s and let you get it back in shape for me.

Thank you Nelson and Jon!
Old 29th August 2007, 06:59 AM   #53
diyAudio Member

Jon,

Listening to Stan Getz and Astrud and Astrud Gilberto via iTunes (MacBook Pro) through a 400A (picked up a couple months ago) with Hafler 101 and a pair of Dynaco A-25s. Vintage system sounds quite nice with the 400A on AR-3as and Klipsch Forte IIs. Have not hooked the 400A to the "The AR turntable" or the small Maggies or the Infinity Primus 360s on the other end of the living room yet.

Question re powering up the 400A: I did not realize that I should have (or should I have not)cycled the power switch on the front panel on the 400A a number of times with the power off before firing it up for the first time (I don't have a variac). The first couple of times I powered the 400A up I heard (and saw) sparks from the front panel switch. The amp now is left with the front panel power switch in the "on" position and I power it up through a Discwasher 'Spikemaster' and all sounds OK to me. Should I continue with this set-up or am I asking for a disaster?

I'm also running a small (Honeywell) fan just at the edge of the 400A for cooling and am wondering if the differential in cooling between the edge with the fan vs the other side could create pproblems over time? The temp without the fan does not seem excessive (using the fingers on the cooling fins for ten seconds test)

I'm located on St Simons Island, Georgia but used to teach occasionally in Citrus Heights at the University of New haven (Connecticut) when they had a campus in Citrus Heights.

Sorry if this post is in the wrong 'pew' but was hoping to get your take on this, Jon. Thanks . . .

Pre- Threshold 400A - Klipsch vintage system is at:
http://forum.stereophile.com/photopo...cat/all/page/1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2393kevins_vintage_stereo_system-med.jpg (38.8 KB, 335 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!