This is not just another Aleph

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I might regret that I didn't remove plastic from Panasonic HFQ caps but desoldering 96 of them was too much trouble.;) ;)

I also like the bank of many small caps as close as possible to output devices. The current supply should be good.

Attachments

• a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 3,157
More pics, more pics, more pics Yeeaaahhh.:D

I think that I will do the same thing with my BlackGate capacitors.;)

Haw much ?????? uf per channel. You know that our speakers are looking for more joules, right??

Haw did you put your thermistors in PS are you using them as well for filtering or only for inrush limiters.

BRAVO and more pics, more pics Yeaahhh. :D

Trigon.

Peter Daniel said:
I'm also using 2 paralelled CL-60 thermistor per rail for filtering.

Haw do you connecting them in PS. First you have one CL-60 after a bridge as an inrush protector and them capacitors and again in each rail on + side you are placing 2 parrallel CL-60 or what? Or do you placing inrush protection on the primary side and thermistors for filtering purpose after the bridge?

Thanks in advance.

Trigon.:scratch:

More is better?

Peter,

Now I am more confused with the PSU smoothing caps optimal quantity. When I was using 15,000uf X 6 smoothing caps per channel, the dynamics really suffered, or compressed, so now I am back down to use only 15,000uf X 2 per channel and it is way better. In my case the Iq current is at 4A, in your case 128,000uf per channel at what idle current you anticipate? I do not understand why I can not use more caps in my PSU :confused:

Chris

Hi,
Incredible work...Just thinking...Me being me, I just thought that I'd mention that it would be neat (as in Tidy) to slot the tranformer between the two banks of caps as shown in the last pictures (posted 09-24-2002 08:12 PM)!

I know you never would (EMI etc.) just look good and neat(er than it is!!!) + it would take up less room! ;)

Tell you what, if you ever come to England, you can stay at my house (and bring your Amps too!!)

Gaz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.