Aleph 2 Heat Sink (chassis)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Heatsinks

CH2,

I suggest you look up Suntronics on the 3rd floor of Sim Lim Tower. They stock a wide of Semikron heatsinks and I came across one Model : P180(if I remember correctly!) which is 0.3deg/w per pair at about S$30/- each with a very professional finish. Assuming if you use 3 pairs, you will get 0.1deg/watt which is quite sufficient for the lower power Alephs Monoblock. I have built other amps with this and the design looks somewhat like a "diy Mark Levenson ML2"

My 2 cts

ckkt

Re: Heatsinks

diyman said:
CH2,

I suggest you look up Suntronics on the 3rd floor of Sim Lim Tower. They stock a wide of Semikron heatsinks and I came across one Model : P180(if I remember correctly!) which is 0.3deg/w per pair at about S$30/- each with a very professional finish. Assuming if you use 3 pairs, you will get 0.1deg/watt which is quite sufficient for the lower power Alephs Monoblock. I have built other amps with this and the design looks somewhat like a "diy Mark Levenson ML2"

My 2 cts

ckkt

Thanks a thousand diyman.

Will check it out.

I just email Avvid singapore distribution office. But have not got a reply from them yet.

Thanks again

CH2

Fischer SK159

;) Hi, all,
as I´m new to this forum, I say hello from Austria first.
Concerning heatsinks: I built heavily modified Aleph 2´s
(1.2kVA Toroid, 2x25V 24A )with 5A idlecurrent.
I use Fischer SK159 heatsinks (200x300mm) 2 per
monoblock. They do their job (about 350W )pretty well
and don´t cost you an arm and a leg! Price is about
400€ for a stereo pair.
Uli
PS: www.fischerelektronik.de

http://www.fischerelektronik.de/_2002/PDF/Einzel_PDF/A_42.pdf

Mark A. Gulbrandsen said:
I still find the least expensive and nicest to deal with for heatsinks is M&M Metals in Texas. www.mmmetals.com
I usee 6 of the MM5061-6 on my ALeph 2's and they run at only 57 deg C. (69 deg F. ambient temp)after being on for several hours with bias set at .5 volts across the drain resistors.
http://www.mmmetals.com/pages/mediu..._heat_sinks/high_power_extruded_heat_sink.htm
Mark

Do they sell direct to you or do you have to go to one of their distributors? I looked at their website and they're located about 12mi from my house so they would be a great supplier for me if they sell directly. If you don't mind me asking what do the MM5061-6's cost you from M&M? Thx :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.