Soft Start and Standby Functions for your Aleph Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Howdy Algar_emi,
Many thanks for the files. Have you made a parts placement layout for us ole guys who are limited to following simple verbal and written instructions? And would you be able to share it with the forum folks who are most enthusiastic about making this delightful solution?

Again thanks for the files,
Elvin

Howdy jleaman,
Actually, I don't need it either, but I do want it. Seems that many other applications are possible on amps that are not of the Aleph build quality. And of course for systems that use a large power supply transformer (1000 Watts) that tends to dim the house lights and blow fuses at the circuit box. Nothing like going around, outside in the dark with a flashlight to fix this. And my grandson says "It's cool".

Regards,
Elvin

jleaman said:
I'm interested :D. wonder if we could get a little temp guges witha led array to tell us if they are up to tempature or not. ?

Working on it ;)

I have received the board files from Algar_emi, along with some recommendations for improving the pcb layout.
I hope I can fit these in because I'm kind of a newbee with Eagle.

Perhaps someone with more experience with Eagle can help me in return for some free boards.

dr.strangelove3 said:

Working on it ;)

I have received the board files from Algar_emi, along with some recommendations for improving the pcb layout.
I hope I can fit these in because I'm kind of a newbee with Eagle.

Perhaps someone with more experience with Eagle can help me in return for some free boards.

I can help :D..

My idea :D

4 led's 3 green and one blue Small 2mm led's for the front pannel. blue being at the top saying amp is at tempature. I never really listen to my amps till at least 1 hour of being on so they are at a hotter tempature.

J'

pinkmouse said:

If you need help, just drop me a line.

Thanks for the offer. I really can use some help.
I got an email the day before that you were the man I should talk to.
I have send you an email btw.

rabstg said:

I wrote Elgar a while back asking perms to do a GB on this and got no response so I thought he was working on something with someone else... I hope this is it!....

I just asked him a week ago if it was okay to organize a gb. If he was working on it with someone else, it wasn't me.

The last days I have tried to implement the optimisations Algar_emi recommended. Well.... no luck.
I think a cracked program just ain't gonna do it. :(

As I see it now there are four possibillities:

1. Take the Algar_emi original into production without the optimisations.

2. Someone else optimises the board and receives some free ones in return.

3. I wil redraw the layout in a program that is more suited to my skills ;) This would take a few months, because I have not that much time to work on this.

4. .............well.......me backing out slowly on this gb............

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Hi Doc

I got your mail, but have just been a little too busy to reply. If you can get A-E to send me the .brd and .sch, (or even just the .sch), files then I'll have a look. I'll reply to your mail so you have the address.

All

However, I still don't have the time or finance to organise the GB, so I will have to pass that aspect over to a wiling volunteer, just like with Mark on the Krell.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.