Ouput DC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

I have finished one of my Aleph2 Mono. However, I got a 60 mv DC at the speaker jack without signal connected. Is it troubled or can be used. I also checked the service manual of Aleph 2, the specification of DC offset mentioned <100mv. I don't quite understand the same things or not.

After 90 mins, I measured a 55° C (heat sink) under room temperature 25° C. The basis was adjusted 0.55A per Mosfet.

Please advise.

:devilr:

Joined 2002
Paid Member
lawka said:
Hi

I have finished one of my Aleph2 Mono. However, I got a 60 mv DC at the speaker jack without signal connected. Is it troubled or can be used. I also checked the service manual of Aleph 2, the specification of DC offset mentioned <100mv. I don't quite understand the same things or not.

After 90 mins, I measured a 55° C (heat sink) under room temperature 25° C. The basis was adjusted 0.55A per Mosfet.

Please advise.

:devilr:

60 mV should be fine. This is the DC offset mentioned in the
service manual.

Just curious, did you measure this amount when the amp
was hot or cold?

I hear it's starting to get hot in HK. I guess you'll have to
aircondition to keep the room at 25C... :)

Cheers,
Dennis

Thomas

I bought the chassis from Tai Wan with 4 sides heat sink.

Further, I will keep trying to well match the Q1 & Q2 and lowering the bias to maintian the safety temprature <50°C (I guess <0.5A per mosfet).

Could anyone reveal the performance of using the CLC filter or CRC filter.

Thank you

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.