Stereo Aelph 5 Tower nearing completion

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Coulomb said:

Well I wanted to build an over the top Chassis cable of maximising the chimney effect. The small fans are very quiet on 5.5VDC

The unit stands at 26 inches tall from top to bottom.

Thanks

Anthony

Congrats Anthony, another successfully Aleph 5 project!
At 26 inches, is really tall and huge. Mine stands at 8.5 inches tall with an area of 13 inches by 13 inches, no fan, dual toroidal transformers and all hardwired. It was completed a couple of years back and is still going strong with me enjoying the music. Take a look at

http://www.geocities.com/ec1288/index.html

My other completed projects include Genesis Ribbon Speakers, NHT 1259 Speakers, Altec Lansing A5 Speakers and Audio Note Ongaku Amplifier. Check it out at my web site.

Regards,
ec1288

ec1288 said:

Congrats Anthony, another successfully Aleph 5 project!
At 26 inches, is really tall and huge. Mine stands at 8.5 inches tall with an area of 13 inches by 13 inches, no fan, dual toroidal transformers and all hardwired. It was completed a couple of years back and is still going strong with me enjoying the music. Take a look at

http://www.geocities.com/ec1288/index.html

My other completed projects include Genesis Ribbon Speakers, NHT 1259 Speakers, Altec Lansing A5 Speakers and Audio Note Ongaku Amplifier. Check it out at my web site.

Regards,
ec1288

Nice work, I will be building an Ike HF-87 clone soon, my first Tube Amp in a long while.

Regards

Anthony

mpmarino said:

Yes.. I did, but It somehow skipped out of my mind as you have not included the obligatory 'flux capacitors' in this type of assembly. May I suggest a 'Mr. Fusion' to complement the system ?

A "Mr. Fusion" how cool would that be! :)

Somehow I can not see myself running down the street trying to get to 80 MPH with the Amp strapped to my back though. :D

Thanks btw.

Regards

Anthony

I just wanted to post a close up photo of the electronics on the support panel (2nd shelf)

it features a Softstart from Maxhawk, two of Per Anders Rectifier boards, two DC supplies for fans and relays, and the power relay that is driven by the softstart board. The softstart board also features support for my emergency shut off thermistor.

Regards

Anthony

Attachments

• dsc00241 small.jpg
    dsc00241 small.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 197
Just an update on how I plan on controlling the power on this amp.

I am using the Mahawk Sofswitch as a standby circuit. The main Power Switch let's the the Caps charge up and powers all the support electronics and keeps the low voltage fans spinning. The Softswitch circuit wil power a High Current relay which will switch the +/- rails on and off to the Aelph 5 boards. 0 Volts (Gnd) will always be connected for safety reasons.

This way I can have a N/C thermistor across J3 instead of a jumper, if the temperature reaches the maximum (75 Deg C) the thermistor opens, Pin 2 on J3 goes low through a pull down resistor and the relay is de energized. The DC shuts off to the Aelph boards but the Fans stay running to cool it down, the caps stay energized so no energy is wasted recharging them when the Amp is back within operating temperature. The Thermistor will close again, The DC reapplied and the Amp is up and running again.

Regards

Anthony

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.