New Aleph Mini Parts GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Part's Group Buy Guys

Part's Group Buy Guys

These component kits will include the needed components to go along with the miniALEPH pcbs from the Group Buy. There will be 2 configurations offered:

- Mini-Aleph component kit: contains all the pcb components needed for 2 channels of the miniALEPH configuration, providing 10w per channel. Included closely matched IRF9610 devices.

- Aleph-30 component kit: contains all the pcb components needed for 2 channels of the Mimi-Aleph configuration, providing 30w per channel. Included closely matched IRF9610 devices and IRFP240.

The component kits will contain the resistors, capacitors and semiconductor devices needed for populating the amplifier boards.

A parts list will be posted soon, containing the exact contents of both component kits.

http://www.diyaudio.com/wiki/index.php?page=miniALEPH+PCB+Component+Kits

Jason,

Regarding the pricing on your component kits.... Is this in U.S. dollars or Canadian? If U.S. this seems sort of expensive to me..... Canadian though would be a good deal...... All the passive components cost me about 7 dollars and the semi's were only another 8.82 U.S. dollars........ Thats 15.82 U.S. to populate this board.......... I'm not trying to blow this out of the water but am just wondering why so expensive?

Mark

I have to buy lots of parts to make this worth whyle. and the fets are 3.00 each but 100 of them about 2.50 ish.. i might change the price of the a 30 kits to be cheaper ill have to see what comes out of this.. if i get some parts cheaper i wont be charging much more for shipping. I also have to buy packaging for each kit.. and also this will be eating up about a week or so of my time. But well worth it for every one. I also have to pay Shipping to get the part's Plus brian said it would be fair traid at these prices for all the time.. On another note i have to buy 200 fets to match them for all the people.

Any comments on these Part's Kits People ?

kilowattski said:
Jason,

I believe Pass Labs uses Panasonic Parts in their equipment and nichicon is one of the best capacitor vendors. If you want better quality than this you need to go to exotics like Holco Resistors at $1.00 ea. and nobody will buy then.

True.. : O )

I guess i could do a better pricing.. Give me a bit.

I can actualy drop the price 10$ ish. Ill also have to see about Packaging. But if we get more than 50 Kits Then this will also get cheaper. if we can get as many kits as we sold boards it would get cheaper.

Right now it stand's

$1710 incld Tax& shipping * just for part's no proffit / 50kit's = $34.25 Cdn Each kit stereo Pair would be rounded up to 35$ Even. WIth out Shipping..

You guy's also have to understand i have to cut 2000 resisters and put them into piles into seperate kit's. Also have to do a seperate kit for the A30's.

kilowattski said:
Maybe I am wrong but I thought nobody was allowed to profit from a Pass Labs design

No one is profiting from the design i may make a few dollars i believe no more than 50$ but the time and energy going into this is allot more than 50$ worth.

Just ask Brian what his gain clone kits have cost him in time. Each kit figuring out how to make each kit and put them into kits and sort every part and package them then drive them to the post office then fill out any papers that are needed. Some people take that part that is actual physical work *LABOUR * to do this small kind of work that some may think is easy or simple to do. Id be honest 50$ honestly is merely nothing but me i want to help and get people rolling in there projects the money i make will probably go into a donation from my self to diy-audio and to a few components so my self can get this kit working.

Just my 2 cent's of honesty.

J'

Jason,
Don't take me wrong. Its a good idea but I do have to agree with Grey about a ZERO profit in a venture like this. Plastic Baggies don't cost much! And the anti-stat tubes the semi's come in can be cut up and sent with each orders semi's.... zero cost there..... Down here 1000 resistors cost me 52.00, thats enough for 45 amplifiers! There are 22 on each board excluding the .47's. I can get those here in 3% Dale for 30 cents each surplus and they have thousands in stock. Perhaps you see what I mean....... Don't cancel the group buy,lets just get it to a zero profit level and do it as cheaply as possible.n Perhaps I can help you get the price down by getting you some of the parts here from surplus....?

Mark

So you want me to shipp people there stuff in a ziplock bag ? NO that wont work Im talking about shipping bags not parts bags .. and shipping parts to me takes WAY to long Im in canada so the prices are a little more but for the us guys it's cheaper. Brian sent me a parcel via AIR MAIL and yet i have not gotten it so no i don't want parts from you.

and 52$ for 1000 resisters is EXTREAMLY close to my price 60$ cdn so still no proffit. and 35$ is where it is going to stay : O ) if any proffits Again im reapeating my self will go into diy-audio like i said above.

j'

Mark A. Gulbrandsen said:
Jason,
Don't take me wrong. Its a good idea but I do have to agree with Grey about a ZERO profit in a venture like this. Plastic Baggies don't cost much! And the anti-stat tubes the semi's come in can be cut up and sent with each orders semi's.... zero cost there..... Down here 1000 resistors cost me 52.00, thats enough for 45 amplifiers! There are 22 on each board excluding the .47's. I can get those here in 3% Dale for 30 cents each surplus and they have thousands in stock. Perhaps you see what I mean....... Don't cancel the group buy,lets just get it to a zero profit level and do it as cheaply as possible.n Perhaps I can help you get the price down by getting you some of the parts here from surplus....?

Mark

And once again i should say why does this have to be zero proffit ? Is there soemthing wrong with me making a few $$ to cover my time and energy and gas to get to the post office to mail these out ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.