New Aleph Mini Parts GB - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd March 2005, 01:18 AM   #21
diyAudio Member

Well, it would certainly be my pleasure to donate my time and trips to the post office to the benefit of others on this site. I think that goes even without asking......

Mark
Old 23rd March 2005, 01:23 AM   #22
jleaman is offline jleaman  Belgium
Banned

Send a message via AIM to jleaman
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark A. Gulbrandsen
Well, it would certainly be my pleasure to donate my time and trips to the post office to the benefit of others on this site. I think that goes even without asking......

Mark

You'r Pushing it.!!! im EXTREAMLY close to deleting the part's group Buy.
Old 23rd March 2005, 01:31 AM   #23
diyAudio Member

Don't delete the parts group buy!
I think it perfectly OK for you to charge $50-100 for your time and effort.
Old 23rd March 2005, 01:35 AM   #24
Banned

I lowered it even more between 35$ and up depending on the kit.
Old 23rd March 2005, 02:11 AM   #25
diyAudio Member

Wow, this is spiraling out of control. Jason, PLEASE do the group buy. A lot of people want them, and have signed up for them.

If you don't to take part for whatever reason, just don't buy one from Jason. Everyone is more than welcome to buy their own parts.

I am really busy and barely get much time to work on this stuff, so I am will to pay for the kit to make it easy. The price is probably better then buying the parts myself, and I definitely don't mind funding a couple boards and parts for Brian and Jason. They are doing all the work on this.
Old 23rd March 2005, 03:16 AM   #26
diyAudio Member

I have to agree... let Jason go do what he wants.... it is a free counrty! But threats to the moderators.... about what? The fact that you can't hold a civilized conversation about something? Definately get real! The fact is Jason I could be of great help to you on the parts buy.....

I've run some tests tonight and will in the next few minuites post the results on Brian's Gallery. All in all it works exactly as the first Mini that I built a year and a half ago. Although this one is certainly ALOT more compact. Brian has promised that these will be very high quality PCB's with 3 oz traces and .093" thick base material. COOL!!!!!

Mark
Old 23rd March 2005, 03:19 AM   #27
Banned

Default Re: The Pot Calling the Kettle Black???

Quote:
Originally posted by LuckyLyndy
Settle down, Jason.

I've read your posts on Peter Daniel's DAC thread as well, so you shouldn't be talking about someone flaming and being out of control.
Or is Peter going to sell you one of his DAC boards, now?

Mark is building a prototype, and is doing the troubleshooting as well. According to you, he should be compensated for his time and trouble as well. So if he wants to weigh in with his opinion about funds, contributing personal time, and whatnot to the forum, more power to him. And you are going to set the moderator hounds on him? Get real.
I agree it can be a hassle assembling parts to stuff a board, and many members would rather pay someone else to do it. But I also appreciate the attitude of members here, to give of their time and effort without a second thought of something in return. Peter Daniel has taken the time to answer long and detailed questions from me for the past four years, as well as other members like Sheldon Stokes, without ever trying to sell me on anything. That is one of the reasons I read this forum.
You can charge what you like, and if that pricing is fine by Brian and other members, that's cool. But don't play the indignant, righteous role. It doesn't fit you. Contacting the moderators, indeed...
Im asking Mod's to watch the thread for flaming that is all.

What you dont know is that Mark gets free board's..

* words from brians mouth. *
Old 23rd March 2005, 03:20 AM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark A. Gulbrandsen
I have to agree... let Jason go do what he wants.... it is a free counrty! But threats to the moderators.... about what? The fact that you can't hold a civilized conversation about something? Definately get real! The fact is Jason I could be of great help to you on the parts buy.....

I've run some tests tonight and will in the next few minuites post the results on Brian's Gallery. All in all it works exactly as the first Mini that I built a year and a half ago. Although this one is certainly ALOT more compact. Brian has promised that these will be very high quality PCB's with 3 oz traces and .093" thick base material. COOL!!!!!

Mark

If i lived in the states you might be of help but i live in canada. It takes a month ish. To me that is not fair for others to wait a month : O ) ANd i only asked the mod to watch for flames that is all i don't want it to be out of hand..
Old 23rd March 2005, 03:21 AM   #29
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Russ White
Why all of the sudden does this sound like a conversion about comparative religions. Please, if you want something convienent buy Jason's kit, other wise get the parts your self, or organize you own free labor group buy. Really, this way too serious for the persuit of a hobby. Lets grow up a little and just have fun. Parts are worth what you will pay for them, regardless of where you buy them.
Old 23rd March 2005, 03:24 AM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Russ White
Why all of the sudden does this sound like a conversion about comparative religions. Please, if you want something convienent buy Jason's kit, other wise get the parts your self, or organize you own free labor group buy. Really, this way too serious for the persuit of a hobby. Lets grow up a little and just have fun. Parts are worth what you will pay for them, regardless of where you buy them.

Thanks Russ.. I agree guys.

Mark if you want to talk email me please..

Hide this!Advertise here!