New Aleph Mini Parts GB - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd March 2005, 04:53 AM   #11
jleaman is offline jleaman  Belgium
Banned

Send a message via AIM to jleaman
Quote:
Originally posted by kilowattski
Jason,

I believe Pass Labs uses Panasonic Parts in their equipment and nichicon is one of the best capacitor vendors. If you want better quality than this you need to go to exotics like Holco Resistors at $1.00 ea. and nobody will buy then.

True.. : O )

I guess i could do a better pricing.. Give me a bit.
Old 22nd March 2005, 05:09 AM   #12
Banned

I can actualy drop the price 10$ ish. Ill also have to see about Packaging. But if we get more than 50 Kits Then this will also get cheaper. if we can get as many kits as we sold boards it would get cheaper.

Right now it stand's

$1710 incld Tax& shipping * just for part's no proffit / 50kit's = $34.25 Cdn Each kit stereo Pair would be rounded up to 35$ Even. WIth out Shipping..

You guy's also have to understand i have to cut 2000 resisters and put them into piles into seperate kit's. Also have to do a seperate kit for the A30's.
Old 22nd March 2005, 07:02 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

Maybe I am wrong but I thought nobody was allowed to profit from a Pass Labs design.
Old 22nd March 2005, 07:32 AM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by kilowattski
Maybe I am wrong but I thought nobody was allowed to profit from a Pass Labs design

No one is profiting from the design i may make a few dollars i believe no more than 50$ but the time and energy going into this is allot more than 50$ worth.

Just ask Brian what his gain clone kits have cost him in time. Each kit figuring out how to make each kit and put them into kits and sort every part and package them then drive them to the post office then fill out any papers that are needed. Some people take that part that is actual physical work *LABOUR * to do this small kind of work that some may think is easy or simple to do. Id be honest 50$ honestly is merely nothing but me i want to help and get people rolling in there projects the money i make will probably go into a donation from my self to diy-audio and to a few components so my self can get this kit working.

Just my 2 cent's of honesty.

J'
Old 22nd March 2005, 09:51 AM   #15
dhole is offline dhole  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I think J is doing a fine job sorting all this out. If he is making a little for his time I for one am not concerned. He wouldnt be making any money from the Pass design as He says. A comendable effort Mr J.
Old 22nd March 2005, 09:54 AM   #16
diyAudio Moderator

Definitely.

So is the $35 price including the pcb, or is that just the component kit?
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?
Old 22nd March 2005, 01:01 PM   #17
BrianGT is offline BrianGT  United States
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to BrianGT
Quote:
Originally posted by pinkmouse
Definitely.

So is the $35 price including the pcb, or is that just the component kit?
Jason is not selling the pcbs. He is just selling the component kits, making a little profit to compensate him for his time putting them together and matching the fets.

I will be selling the PCBs for the group buy.

--
Brian
Old 23rd March 2005, 01:52 AM   #18
diyAudio Member

Jason,
Don't take me wrong. Its a good idea but I do have to agree with Grey about a ZERO profit in a venture like this. Plastic Baggies don't cost much! And the anti-stat tubes the semi's come in can be cut up and sent with each orders semi's.... zero cost there..... Down here 1000 resistors cost me 52.00, thats enough for 45 amplifiers! There are 22 on each board excluding the .47's. I can get those here in 3% Dale for 30 cents each surplus and they have thousands in stock. Perhaps you see what I mean....... Don't cancel the group buy,lets just get it to a zero profit level and do it as cheaply as possible.n Perhaps I can help you get the price down by getting you some of the parts here from surplus....?

Mark
Old 23rd March 2005, 02:10 AM   #19
Banned

So you want me to shipp people there stuff in a ziplock bag ? NO that wont work Im talking about shipping bags not parts bags .. and shipping parts to me takes WAY to long Im in canada so the prices are a little more but for the us guys it's cheaper. Brian sent me a parcel via AIR MAIL and yet i have not gotten it so no i don't want parts from you.

and 52$ for 1000 resisters is EXTREAMLY close to my price 60$ cdn so still no proffit. and 35$ is where it is going to stay : O ) if any proffits Again im reapeating my self will go into diy-audio like i said above.

j'
Old 23rd March 2005, 02:11 AM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark A. Gulbrandsen
Jason,
Don't take me wrong. Its a good idea but I do have to agree with Grey about a ZERO profit in a venture like this. Plastic Baggies don't cost much! And the anti-stat tubes the semi's come in can be cut up and sent with each orders semi's.... zero cost there..... Down here 1000 resistors cost me 52.00, thats enough for 45 amplifiers! There are 22 on each board excluding the .47's. I can get those here in 3% Dale for 30 cents each surplus and they have thousands in stock. Perhaps you see what I mean....... Don't cancel the group buy,lets just get it to a zero profit level and do it as cheaply as possible.n Perhaps I can help you get the price down by getting you some of the parts here from surplus....?

Mark

And once again i should say why does this have to be zero proffit ? Is there soemthing wrong with me making a few $$ to cover my time and energy and gas to get to the post office to mail these out ?

Hide this!Advertise here!