Inductive resistors for source resistors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Personally, I prefer the wire-wound resistors here and there.
People say that they are concerned about the inductance.
But, the amount of the energy being stored in the magnetic field in the region surrounding the current-carrying wire-wound is considered too small and ignorable to interrupt audio frequencies, IMHO

For the values that I needed on the amp the wires were about 25mm so I just used the wire straight

in the crossover I used some blank veroboard 30mm square, inserted some PCB pins either end and zig zagged the wire back and forth

|\|

like that only stretched higher...:)

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hi

I don't understand very well.

Once I saw a picture of Goldmund power amplifier. It had a pair of small coil (inductunce) // resistor, which was connected in series with the speaker terminal. I think that the L//R was to decouple any capacitive load, so to prevent oscillations at high frequencies.

I would like to see the wirewound resistor as a pair of L//R (L value is very low enough to be ignored, tho). Then, how could I explain that the wirewound resistor connected in series with the speaker terminal might be the origin of the oscillations?

Regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.