The Aleph30 PCB layout

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Peter,

Any plans for an enclosure similar to the enclosure you designed for the gainclone? Even if you came up with something and sold the plans? I can't speak for anyone other than myself, I have no problem fabricating but I suck at mechanical design. It would be worth it for me. Maybe there would be others in the same boat that would benefit.

There won't be a group buy on those.

The idea was influenced by Brian's Aleph Mini, and I wanted to make similar (yet different) boards for myself. As Aleph mini doesn't provide enough power, I opted for A30.

I will produce 50 sets in a first run and see how they will be welcome. If popularity is good enough, I will produce more of them. They will be available as soon as they are fabricated.

I will not offer those boards from my site, as this is Nelson Pass design and we have to respect that; this is not a commercial venture.

The boards will be sold from this thread only, on personal inquiries basis, as one hobbyst project, benefiting other forum members ;)

I might come up with some sort of enclosure design, if those boards work well ;)

I will make sure that there is enough boards for everybody. I did some trimmings since the last time I posted the layout and here's the final look.

The top layer with components. Main traces are 160mil and 200mil.

Attachments

• a1.gif
    a1.gif
    67.9 KB · Views: 3,230
Peter Daniel said:
R8 is connected through bottom layer trace.

So, Jason, what happened with Canadian boards production? I called Ashok today and he was a bit disappointed ;)

He was going to charge doubble what brian got them for. And insisted that i get them checked for errors.

If you look at R8 it is a little close to the pad either it being on top or bottom.. I could be wrong but the pad might short against that track ? Just helping is all some times a second eye help's..

is it suppose to be Connected or not ? Im Confused..

J':D

Hi,

The boards have been ordered, ETA is Friday, or very early next week.

The board will have gold plated traces, clear mask, black silkscreening (on both sides).

The price is USD$20 for two channels. This includes shipping worldwide, paypal fees, packaging and handling. I will also make donation to the forum from any remaining funds.

If you want to make a payment now (and reserve your board;)), please email me and I will provide paypal address or alternative payment options.

PS: At the last moment I did some further modifications to the input ground layout, so few different options exist: you can separate signal ground from current source reference ground and run them separately to the main star ground point, you can connect them both together on the board, or you can do exactly like Aleph 30 has, with protective diodes and 3R resistor on board. There is also onboard option to ground (with a jumper) inverting input, for single ended operation only.

So far, 20 boards have been sold. First batch will consits of 50 pcs.

After that I will reorder, providing there is enough interest.

Here's the final layout (how it went into production). As you see, the power traces width has been increased to almost 300mil and output traces are 160mil. There are no compromises anymore ;)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Component placement looks like that:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.