Heatsinks for Bosoz?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Kari

It seems you have left out D9 and D10 in the bom for the psu. Could you advise please. Or perhaps Coulomb as you organised buying the GP parts.
regards
dave

Kari said:
And here's the pwr pcb.

BOM:
D1,D2,D3,D4,D5,D6,D7,D8: Choose whatever you think is best. There is room for ex. 1N4004 and also for TO220 diodes.
C1,C2,C3,C4,C5,C6,C7,C8: Snubber caps, rm 5mm, you can leave these out. Here you could use for ex. 100n caps.
C9,C10,C11,C12: 4700uF/100V snapin type, also here you can choose some other value, as this is snapin type almost any value can be used.
C13,C14: 0,1uF, rm10mm or 15mm pitch
C15,C16,C17,C18: 220uF/100V
C19,C20: 1uF, 15mm pitch
R1,R2: 27/2W
R3,R4: 1,5k
R5,R6: 221
Z1-Z7: 9.1V Zener
Z8-Z10: ~4,5V Zener (Choose so the total would be ~14V
Q1: IRF9610
Q2: IRF610

/Kari

yay! got my boards today. They're bigger than I had pictured in my mind...I'm going to have to do some clever layout gymnastics in order to get the enclosure to a reasonable size...with the whole control set from Mikkel it adds up to a lot of stuff to fit in one box. I was hoping to make it all fit in a slim case about the size of a newer DVD player.

I got...a display unit, control2+encoders...etc, 2X relVol1 (I'll parallel them, balanced one wasn't out yet.), balanced I/O kit and a tiny torroid.
After palying around witth the layout a bit ~it won't be as bad as I initially thought, I'll stack the Vol cards and mount hte control board vert, and probably use one PS board instead of dual mono. My problem comes from first working out the layout with the original bosoz boards, then deciding on using Kari's. It won't be as slim as I had wanted it, i'll have to get some new material, but that's DIY. Wish I could find more time to get the ball rolling.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
R1 and R2 resistors on PS board

Hi,

Just wondering what people are using for R1 and R2 on
the PS board? These are used in the PI filters and are
specified as 27 ohm/2 W. However, the holes are too
small for the 2 W resistors (even 1 watt ones) at my
local parts store.

I guess I can always solder tiny wires in first and the
resistors to those...

BTW, does anyone know the per channel current draw
of each of the +/- rails?

Thanks,
Dennis

Re: R1 and R2 resistors on PS board

Dennis Hui said:
Hi,

Just wondering what people are using for R1 and R2 on
the PS board? These are used in the PI filters and are
specified as 27 ohm/2 W. However, the holes are too
small for the 2 W resistors (even 1 watt ones) at my
local parts store.

Thanks,
Dennis

Seems that the footprints on my pcb software weren't correct. I drilled mine with a 1mm drill from the underside up.

btw, those that did not get the invoice, you can now goto http://gp.ruffneck.net to get your boards.

/Kari

Kari,

I have not received my boards yet to examine what you meant by some errors on the power supply board but I'll ask anyway.

The osCommerce site says ...
1) The diodes on the positive side has a silkscreen error! Just turn the diodes 180degrees and you should be fine.
2) D9 and D10 are connected wrong. Please connect them as on the picture.

Are the 2 statement above referring to the same 2 diodes, D9 & D10?

Joined 2002
Paid Member
fcel said:
1) The diodes on the positive side has a silkscreen error! Just turn the diodes 180degrees and you should be fine.
2) D9 and D10 are connected wrong. Please connect them as on the picture.

Are the 2 statement above referring to the same 2 diodes, D9 & D10?

Fcel,

Statement #1 refers to D1-D4 forming the rectifier for the positive rail.
They should point in the same direction as those of the
negative rail (D5-D8).

Cheers,
Dennis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.