Heatsinks for Bosoz?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
gengis said:

I have two different width:
1.) 1.38"W x 1.49"H (annodized balck) &
2.) 1.65" x 1.53"H (natural finish)"

I think I paid $0.70 for the 1.38"W one and $0.65 for the 1.65"W one.

I think I can get more, do not quote me on that though.

Hello Mr. Khan, :)

Kari's board will only accomodate the 1.38x0.5x1.49 style heatsink. Taller is not a problem, but the 1.65 is too wide. Are these in good shape, got a photo?

Regards

Anthony

Anthony,
The motto is: conquer, destroy, and deprive. :D :D

The heat sink are in like new condition. Looks like Wakefield 637 series with 3 holes.

It will looks like this:

Attachments

• to-220.jpg
    to-220.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 412
Kari,

i still haven`t got an e-mail from you yet. Forum mail is enabled (as it was from the beginning) and i`ve sent you e-mails via forum mail and to the adress that i have from the AX grup-buy. If your paypal adress is still the same as for the AX group-buy i only need shipping-quotes to Germany. I hope to hear from you soon.

Thx, illusionxx.

Hi there People

What are you lot planning on using in the way of attenuators pots etc for volume control ? I know some of the fancy pots like the Alps blue velvet etc are quite expensive I presume the group buy does not include them ?

Would anyone be interested in a GB for some good pots ?

dave

Kram said:
What exactly is included in the parts group buy as it seems quite expensive for what appears to be a simple circuit.

Also is there a schematic available for the power supply as well. I would like a look at it.

Thanks
Mark:)

The simplicty of the circuit has little to do wiht the cost of the components actually. :)

The GB for parts includes all components with the exception of C3 & C4. The price is what it is, the cost of parts like C9 thru C12, the heat sinks, the FRED's ect. dictate the cost of the kit. I have already stated in the thread that this is not a "How cheap can I bodge this together kit". I intentionally started this as a premium kit and I am only interested in continuing that way.

If the kit seems to expensive for a member, please feel to excersize your right not to participate. :)

Best Regards

Anthony

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I don't see any reason to build this without making it premium parts It should respond well to such effort.

re the pots: sounds like a good idea, but pot buys haven't gone that well in the past. In this case however, at least most everyone will want the same values. Also, 5k pots aren't that common as surplus - another reason to go for a buy. I'd be interested in suggestions.

Coulomb said:
Parts Connexion has 100+ pricing on the following Cap, I have used this brand ond found it to be a good upgrade.

MULCAP- 51435 10.0 200v PPMFX 1.0" W x 1.2" H x 2.1" L

100 + $14.35 US

Any interest?

Anthony

Any thoughts on this one? There are also larger values available, anyone else have some ideas?

Regards

Anthony

I bought this one: http://eshop.diyclub.biz/product_info.php?cPath=85&products_id=217

Complete with 4 relay controlled boards, remote controller, display board and power supplies.

It has also 4 inputs, which need some rework, mainly cutting a trace before the volume control itself and route that trough the preamp first. All this for 160USD.

They also have a matching case for 35USD. Shipping was 60USD with express air. The high shipping cost was because of the weight of the casing.

/Kari

AR2 said:

I agree, with this approach. :)

Thanks AR2,

On another note, when should I cut off the interest stage and start issuing invoices? Any suggestions?

Still no feedback on C3 & C4, If we can agree on something we might be able to get a good deal on a bulk purchase, 82 required so far.

In regards to the Volume controls, I would not even know where to start, far too many variables, I was also looking at the one from DIYCLUB Biz for $160. Zang (Digi01) is also threatening to release his version soon and I bet if we all pester the hell out of BrianGT he may even take a crack at one! :D :D

Regards

Anthony

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.