BOSOZ volume control

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I think that the manual for BoSoZ suggested that one of the best set-ups would be to put a fixed resistor attenuator at the input, as the performance was best with 1-2 V output, and then the volume control at the output. The 10 dB gain example was 0.3 V in for 1 V out.

Ref bottom right on page 7.

/urSv

Thank you all:)

For P3, P4, I'm wondering in step attenuated calculation. If P1, P2, P5 will be deleted and R15=430 ohms(10db), what configuration to calculate? I will use 12 steps-4 decks rotary switch.

Shunt or Single sieries shunt attenuator, is good for this project?
Could you recomend any web that has resistor calulator?

Thank you

ToB

I build a BoSoZ with 3 controls, all discrete with stepped switches: 0 to -11dB ladder at the input (two, 4-deck switches), with separate left and right to enable some balance, a 5dB per step master shunt attenuator at the output (one, 4-deck switch), and a 5dB per step gain control linking the two MOSFETs (one, 2-deck switch).

If I were to do it again, I would eliminate the input ladder, expand the range of the gain control, and have fine attenuation as a shunt at the output (two, 2-deck switch).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.