Book on ampbuilding (aleph) for background

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just build a headphone amp as a start for building active audiocomponents. Before I proceed to the next step, one of the aleph series (2 or 4), I'd like to have a little bit of background info.
Since my knowlegde on electronics stucks at the level of knowing how a resistor works but not how it works in relation to other components I'm a absolute beginner.

What book on solid state ampbuilding you would recommend???

If this questions has already been beaten to death I'm sorry and direct me to the right topic

Ralph

Mr Pass,
do you mind clarifying the joke for me? I went down to Levinson's joint in NYC yesterday and I noticed an inordinate amount of hotties walking on madison avenue could -that- be the source of his inspiration?
I guess is new goal in life is a lot like bill gates: stuff every condo on park avenue with one of his 10 to 50k systems. He seems to be pretty successful at it, too.

what is to write about sex it is in out and wam bam thankyou mam

wow that will take up about 1 page

LOl J.k

Some one should put all the pass labs info in toa book and sell it

illpost a pif of my shelf i have tons of binders

aleph amps
aleph preamps
schematics amps
speakers info
speaker designs
parts list from companys
parts info
x-overs
power supplies
Heat sinks ( thanks to coloumb)
And lots more..

and all protected with page protectors..

Jason

Ralph,

Building SS amp book:
High-Power Audio Amplifier Construction Manual (Randy Slone),
ISBN: 0071341196
See this on that book:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0071341196/qid=1029470730/sr=2-1/102-6473046-6855312

Basic Circuit Analysis:
Electric Circuit Analysis (David E. Johnson),
ISBN: 0471375128

Analog Circuit:
Microelectronic Circuits (Adel S. Sedra, Kenneth C. Smith)
ISBN: 0195116631
See this on that book:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...9471348/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/102-6473046-6855312

Randy Slone's book is very good for DIYers, but the content of the book is mostly (all) 3 stage gain amp, and based heavily on the employment of negative feedback. But it's a good start.

Regards,

One is left contemplating the best topology .... single-ended, balanced-single-ended or push-pull?

Fewer gain stages goes out-the-window ...

The X-series might migrate to the XXXX-series ...

The input long-tailed pair would obviously have to be identical twins ......

Too much negative feedback may remain adverse to performance ......

And ..... yes ..... at last, size really might matter .....:rolleyes:

From that immortal Goon Show script:

Ned S.: What,what,what,what,what?

Moriarty: What Neddy, only five whats? Your not very bright, are you!

I am afraid nobody has understood the joke from Nelson Pass, on writing about sex like Mark Levinson. Mark co-authored a book with his ex-partner Kim Catrall (from Sex and the City) called Satisfaction. Basically, the book is about how to please a woman through cunnilingus.

It sure would be interesting to have some secret recipes from Nelson Pass on how to do the same single-handedly....(no pun intended of course)....:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.