New Aleph Mini PCB GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I need a favour from someone of you guys. I see almost all of you use those nice 3w 0.47r metal film resistors from Panasonic-ECG (digikey P0.47W-3BK-ND) as source resistors. I can't get them here in Europe and all non inductive 3w resistors I can get here are too long for the brian's PCBs. Digikey is charging too much for the shipping to europe ($44) for just a small envelope.
If someone is willing to sell me 30-70 pieces from their stock it would be great. Or maybe someone of you is ordering something for yourself from Digikey and is willing to order these resistors for me and send them to me in regular mail. I'll pay using Paypal.

Best method to jumper the briangt aleph PSU board?

What is the best method to jumper the briangt aleph psu board?
1. jumper the very large holes at R3 and R12 with very large gauge wire?
2. jumper the regular resistor holes at R3 and R12 with hookup wire?
3. jumper the small perpendicular holes at R7 and R8 with a 3W resistor clipping?

This is for an aleph mini with a 12VAC 200VA xformer.

What is the best method to jumper the briangt aleph psu board?
1. jumper the very large holes at R3 and R12 with very large gauge wire?
2. jumper the regular resistor holes at R3 and R12 with hookup wire?
3. jumper the small perpendicular holes at R7 and R8 with a 3W resistor clipping?

This is for an aleph mini with a 12VAC 200VA xformer.

Do a crc :)

Hey if you post a picture of your board ill tell you where to put the jumper if you don't want to do a crc psu.

J'

i have a board just can't find it at this moment.

sorry for the crappy quality...best on a moments notice!!!
IMG00087.jpg

OK...IIIF I was to add some resistors, what would be a good value folks have used? .33 .47 1.0?

Fill the resistor bank with .47ohm resistors 3watt, you will be set :) and will sound good too. Make sure they are elevated off the board a little, they don't get to warm but they might.

just adding resistors in parallel will change the filtering characteristics of the CRC. You need to simulate the actual capacitor values with the total paralleled resistor value. Yes, you get better power handling but if you lower R you generally let more LF noise/ripple through.

If those 5 empty resistors are paralleled with the one resistor shown, I'd use 6 resistors, 6X the resistance in place of that one there, if you felt it was necessary.

just adding resistors in parallel will change the filtering characteristics of the CRC. You need to simulate the actual capacitor values with the total paralleled resistor value. Yes, you get better power handling but if you lower R you generally let more LF noise/ripple through.

If those 5 empty resistors are paralleled with the one resistor shown, I'd use 6 resistors, 6X the resistance in place of that one there, if you felt it was necessary.

it was already simulated and tested, i didn't just reply with a fast answer for nothing.

it's been tested used and works very well. Tested on aleph 30's and mini aleph's.

J'

I went with 3.3K bleeders for R1 and R2...tonight I hooked up the PSU to my xformer on the test bench in the C-C-C setup. It is a 200VA 12VAC toroid. I measured 17.2VDC on the PSU outputs.

I have placed an order for 10 .47ohm 3W resistors with some other misc stuff I needed...The voltage drop obviously will be negligible.

My HiFi2000 chassis shipped today so it should arrive in the next week or 2...cant wait to get it all assembled.

3w 0.47r

I need a favour from someone of you guys. I see almost all of you use those nice 3w 0.47r metal film resistors from Panasonic-ECG (digikey P0.47W-3BK-ND) as source resistors. I can't get them here in Europe and all non inductive 3w resistors I can get here are too long for the brian's PCBs. Digikey is charging too much for the shipping to europe ($44) for just a small envelope.
If someone is willing to sell me 30-70 pieces from their stock it would be great. Or maybe someone of you is ordering something for yourself from Digikey and is willing to order these resistors for me and send them to me in regular mail. I'll pay using Paypal.

In China the 3W 0.47R maybe can be cheaper than DIGIKEY .
I think can be use the China air post. the frieght just need about 15USD or less if you need 70-30 pcs metal film resistor.

Gary

Attachments

• 3w 0.47r.jpg
    3w 0.47r.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 415
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.