New Aleph Mini PCB GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Now I can start....
what do you think about my heatsinks and part???

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

2 x 0.5KW transformers
2x68000uF 40V ITELCOND caps or 12x10000uF 100V ROE caps

.6W 1% MF PHILIPS resistors
5W 5% MF RESISTA resistors

220uF 35V ELNA CERAFINE caps

IR irf9610
FARICHILD irfp240B

VHD and SOLEN cables
WBT connectors

but I have a question....
can I use this heatsink for an ALEPH 5 ( 1 for channel ) ???

tnx Brian!!!!

Im on the way with my aleph 5 hope my sinks are big enough...

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I am a little confused ,in that I have a 28-28 toroid and I get 37.7 regulated per rail unloaded. I dont have crc etc I just wanted to be as close to the original A5. I will try to get hold of a variac to bring the amp up on , but should the circuit be able to cope?...

dave

dhole said:
Im on the way with my aleph 5 hope my sinks are big enough...

I am a little confused ,in that I have a 28-28 toroid and I get 37.7 regulated per rail unloaded. I dont have crc etc I just wanted to be as close to the original A5. I will try to get hold of a variac to bring the amp up on , but should the circuit be able to cope?...

dave

That rail should drop to about 33VDC under load, it depends on the regulation factor of the transformer.

Regards

Anthony

.....balanced input is also used to change voltage gain.....shorting -IN and GND....

Nelson says:

"T1 is a thermostatic switch rated at 75 degrees Centigrade. It is mounted to the rear heat sink. ....
....The amplifier is designed so that the heat sinks will operate approximately 25 degrees C above ambient, for a typical temperature of 50 degrees C.
Temperature protection occurs at 75 degrees C....."

Here are my first three power supplies finished.

Anthony

Attachments

• baby bear, mama bear, papa bear.jpg
    baby bear, mama bear, papa bear.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 992
Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
Coulomb said:
Here are my first three power supplies finished.

Anthony

Here are mine, which I finished and tested last week:
http://www.briangt.com/gallery/aleph-pcb/ps

Sorry if I am delayed on e-mail responses. I am backlogged right now, as I have been really busy at work lately, not leaving me much time to answer e-mail. I will try my best to catch up soon. I have been shipping pcb orders out, and will try to catch up this weekend.

--
Brian

BrianGT said:

Here are mine, which I finished and tested last week:
http://www.briangt.com/gallery/aleph-pcb/ps

Sorry if I am delayed on e-mail responses. I am backlogged right now, as I have been really busy at work lately, not leaving me much time to answer e-mail. I will try my best to catch up soon. I have been shipping pcb orders out, and will try to catch up this weekend.

--
Brian

Yeah they are cute, but mine are more manly! :)

Raj1 said:
Hi,

I am becoming a little concerned, as I still haven't recieved my pcb's or parts for that matter, I don't suppose you have any tracking numbers? (A long shot)..............

Must have been delayed or lost in the post........

Thanks
Raja

Parts have not shipped yet, if you follow the Parts GB thread you will see the updates on the parts kits.

Anthony

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.