New Aleph Mini PCB GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
(repost with updated totals)

Alright, here are the current totals for orders submitted thus far:

Current order totals
86 amp boards
90 power supply boards

Payment deadline
March 31st 2005 (tomorrow night)

Order website
http://www.chipamp.com/aleph

I have received several requests for combining the shipping of gainclone boards from my anniversary sale:
http://www.chipamp.com/specials.shtml
This is possible, and I can ship the gainclone boards with no extra shipping charges. Drop me a mail about this, and I will handle it.

--
Brian

Re: Re: Apex Jr. Nichicon

jleaman said:

Wonder why he didnt catch this.

The "SPECIAL PURCHASE.........Snap-In caps...
12,000uf 50V $1.29ea" are also in the same Apexjr "new" page.

These are actually a smaller (narrower footprint) but taller. Not particularly tall but taller than the 10000uF 63V,

These 12,000uF 50v are Nichicon also and I believe the same family. Lower price too. What is not to like?

By the way the 12,000uF can be made to fit the Digi01 regulated power supply boards. A bit oversize for those boards but they can be made to work.

Joined 2002
Re: Ordering

Mark_zh said:
Hi all!
I'am novice here and logged on to find some info about aleph.
Find group ordering! Please help! Briangt don`t answering to my emails.
I need to order Alehp PCBs to Russia. :)
Reserve one place to me, PLEASE!

Mark,

I sent a reply to you last night. I will send it again if you did not receive it. I have added you to the list for boards. I am not sure how we can organize payment, since Paypal can not be used from Russia. Lets handle this over e-mail.

--
Brian

Joined 2002
(repost with updated totals)

Alright, here are the current totals for orders submitted thus far:

Current order totals
111 amp boards
119 power supply boards

Payment deadline
March 31st 2005 (tonight)

Order website
http://www.chipamp.com/aleph

I will submit the order tomorrow morning for 150 boards of each, which should cover the orders coming in late. Orders placed after the deadline will be first come, first serve. If orders for over 150 boards are received, I will place another order.

--
Brian

PierreG You can use 2 output boards and 6 devices per channel . Mark finnis did so in his aleph 5's and so have others. If you want to have 12 per channel you would need 8 boards I would have thought. so I suppose you would have to buy 2 sets of boards.
I am planning to make the Aleph 5 with 6 devices per channel.
regards
dave

I think it would be a good idea to have a swap shop for those not using output boards to those using.. Whether cash is involed or not is up to the participants..

So a simple note saying I'm not using, x sets available to the highest bidder.... Or fee to a good home...

OK, Now to get this thread back on track.......:D . I received the power supply pcb and have gathered up most of the parts to assemble it...... I probably have the rest of what I need around here some place. Photos have been posted on Briansd Gallery.More will be posted later this weekend.

My plan is to build it as a +\- 15 volt supply and then test it straight with 30,000 mfd per rail, then as a CRC configuration, and then as a CLC configuration with 2.5 mh per rail. I am going to skip running this stuff on power supply simulator but if someone else would want to please do so and also reccomend a resistance value for the CRC version. I was thinking of around 1 ohm or thereabouts.

Thanks!

Mark

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.