New Aleph Mini PCB GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Pardon my ignorance but what does B+/B- stand for? Rail voltages? What bias current does yours run at?

I haven't finished y mini-A yet, waiting for the toroid. Then it's time to put everything together.
Yes, B+/B- refers to the +ve and -ve rails. In my case, I think I have a little lower than 15.5V.
Currently, my bias current is at 1.47A as my speakers are 4ohms.
The heatsinks are usually no higher than 52C except a few very hot days here.
When the temp exceeds 95F here, the heatsinks will go above 55C!! I can go a little higher in winters, but the current setup seems to work well all season around. I am just one lazy diyer :)

Hi , I know nothing about this compared to you guys.
I took electronic class in HS.I built house, car alarm from scratch. I just finished build a sel Magnepan,incuding network.
How much did that amp run you ,including everything? it looks like a monster.
How would the sound compare to my Mcintosh 2105,or my mone mark 4 dynakits?
Im new and I want tp build a powerful ,amazing sounding amp on a budget.Like a 5-10,000 dollar amp .Probably olny cost in the hundreds to build if you do it your self .Can some1 give my links where to buy does components.And when you brought broads .what do you mean. the boards have components on them already? I would like to install and solder them myself.Get just the copper clad board after it was wash,meaning i have to dri9ll holes and install. how much would all this stuff? And the amp i build ,If i was to have bought it,what would it ,have cost???
i got a 5chan parasound for my denon 4 the sourrounds.
Is it possible i can buy small 12v fan and run it off the TRigger. does the trigger remain constant ? And would tha tbe ok to do. Or is this one of the dumbest questions ever asked here.
Is the or was any Liquid cooling ever implicated in cooling the transistors,??Like they do for a processor and video card on a computer ????
Maybe that might work better than large sinks.A maller sink with network of tunnel for cooling liquid to pass.
Has any1 tried.Maybe this is a new idea.If so ,please dont rob it will go partners and design something.Who knows. But humor me with the 12 trigger ,i need to kool the amp down.
where can i find instructions on how to build the amp ,and where to buy everthing
It will be appreciated ,'
thanks,Chris

I want to build a powerful, amazing sounding amp on a budget.

FYI, this is the mini Aleph thread. A mini Aleph is a scaled down version of the Aleph 30. With an output power of about 15 Watts per channel the mini Aleph hardly qualifies as a powerful amp IME. It is however an amazing sounding amp that can be built even by those on a budget or with a wife.

Last edited:
FYI, this is the mini Aleph thread. A mini Aleph is a scaled down version of the Aleph 30. With an output power of about 15 Watts per channel the mini Aleph hardly qualifies as a powerful amp IME. It is however an amazing sounding amp that can be built even for those on a budget or with a wife.

can some 1 give me an actual idea of cost? I know there differnt quality of components.EX. A normal of bla bla can cost 5 dollars .Or you can by the shiny shoe brand and it will 100 4 same part,but then there is a mediun 25 a and caos or majoirty us ed
On that formula give me high low to and the average price for decent amp. And also if i was to buy that decent made by a manufacture .how would that be,
Is it possible to build a 5000 name brand amp.
and get a diy which is basical;ly same same quality for 800?
I want to see if is going to be worth it
Thank you guys.

can some 1 give me an actual idea of cost? I know there differnt quality of components.EX. A normal of bla bla can cost 5 dollars .Or you can by the shiny shoe brand and it will 100 4 same part,but then there is a mediun 25 a and caos or majoirty us ed
On that formula give me high low to and the average price for decent amp. And also if i was to buy that decent made by a manufacture .how would that be,
Is it possible to build a 5000 name brand amp.
and get a diy which is basical;ly same same quality for 800?
I want to see if is going to be worth it
Thank you guys.

To be honest any pass amplifier is worth it, just learning about it and building it is key for enjoyment, LISTENING to it after they are build is the next best thing in life :)

Here is the aleph mini running I own 4 of these. ( built by me ) and Design influenced by me ( the smd version & mini )

At first the idea was there, but no one wanted to build them then i started the thread and it got really popular.

Here, enjoy. ( at this moment ) im listening to mine :) and working.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

BrianGT PSU board question

I have a recent Black PSU board and I wanted to place an order today for the components to stuff the boards.

I wanted to add terminal blocks to the AC inputs and DC outputs and I know the spacing is different.

Can someone PLEASE verify what the spacing is at the power input and output end of the board?

Thanks!

I have a recent Black PSU board and I wanted to place an order today for the components to stuff the boards.

I wanted to add terminal blocks to the AC inputs and DC outputs and I know the spacing is different.

Can someone PLEASE verify what the spacing is at the power input and output end of the board?

Thanks!

AC inputs: 7.5mm lead spacing
DC outputs: 5mm lead spacing

Jase,
I'll take some. I want enough to wire two of these PS boards.

BTW, I have on the bench, a mini using SouthSemi JFETs on the output...
Seems to work so far, R8 is about 550R, which I think is not ideal.

Can you let me know how many u need ? then pm me your address :)

Jase

Jase,
I still have not received the package you were supposed to have sent at the beginning of this month.
I have sent you both e-mails and PM's without any response from you.
Please let me know the status of my shipment and return my e-mails.

Thanks,
Donovan

Um, i have emailed you several times, i replied to your email last night 5 min after i got it,

this is what i sent,

LanDoctor
Jason, What is the tracking number of the package you said you sent? I still ...
5:10 PM (17 hours ago)

Jase Leaman to LanDoctor
show details 6:00 PM (16 hours ago)
I shipped it air mail, it might take a bit because i shipped it during the busiest time of the year, i bought something off ebay 1 week before xmas and just got it today, lets wait another week ish and if nothing is received ill send 15$ back.

Jase
- Show quoted text -
--

I just ordered my chassis from Here The base price of the unit is the same as modushop but for some reason the shipping from France was a lot more reasonable.

Very nice cases, I like this one,

pesante_div.jpg

Wonder what prices are and shipping, to Canada would be expensive i think ? I need 2 tho.

Um, i have emailed you several times, i replied to your email last night 5 min after i got it,

this is what i sent,
I shipped it air mail, it might take a bit because i shipped it during the busiest time of the year, i bought something off ebay 1 week before xmas and just got it today, lets wait another week ish and if nothing is received ill send 15$ back.

Jase
--

I apologize for the mistake. I missed it the first time I looked.
Hopefully it will show up soon.

Thanks for your time,
Donovan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.