New Aleph Mini PCB GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
twitchie said:

Great catch pchw! I think you've helped me with the problem I have with my Aleph-J implementation using these boards!

Hope you figure out the rest and get it working soon
I hope this will solve your problem as well.

This evening after dinner, I used the variac to raise the voltage to 15 VDC in stage just to make sure my tiny heat sink wouldn't melt. It didn't. In fact, I was
able to leave my hand on it as long as I wanted to. Quite a surprise because
of the short fins.
The current stayed at 1A all the way to 15V, yeah!!! The current drawn fell to 0.97A when I pushed all the way up to 17.6V.
The offset was 32ma at 15V and 24ma at 17.6V.
This was only one channel. Will test the other one tomorrow.

Besides the mishap earlier, things are looking good :yes:

Well thats a better BOM than I had. Already purchased from other BOM but difference is minimal. Not a problem. Thanks for the link.
Actually I was looking for the users manual and a DIYer sent me a link:
http://web.archive.org/web/20030605003551/passlabs.com/aleph.htm
Has a lot of old pass manuals in it. I dont see why it would not be appropriate to post this, but the moderators would know for sure if its not. Please remove if its a problem. I figure they were already on the net and used by DIYers so it should be okay.
Uriah

Hi everybody!

I just finished A30 monoblocks with BrianGT boards. I'm now looking in fine tuning Bias, AC gain etc. I have spent last few days reading... but I was not able to find out why the resistor R17 ref. Brians schematic (R16 on Aleph 30 schematic) recently posted by korben69, is marked for trimming?
In that matter following the logic of TBD in sch. shouldn't the R18 be left to trim DC offset??

Attachments

• mblr.jpg
    mblr.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 726
Great choice in Preamps :)
I had it hooked up to an F5 and was close to heaven.
It will beat any passive pre I believe.
You will love it. I suggest to solder the LDRs to the amp inputs. You remove a preamp box and lots of RCA connections from the system. Or solder them to the RCA connectors on your amp input. Then build a little power supply that just runs a few wires down to the LDRs.
Uriah

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.