New Aleph Mini PCB GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2005
the monoblocks are 164mm (H) x 248mm (W) x 263mm (D) excluding binding posts.

I used the Conrad MF250-151.1 heatsinks (D= 250mm heatsink, 10mm front panel, 3mm rear panel), which seem to give adequate cooling but have meant that the interior is kind of tight. I'd originally planned to use a 300Va transformer but went with a 500Va. Because of the additional height of the larger trafo I couldn't mount the main amp board above the psu as planned, and have had to mount it onto the rear panel. The layout is less than ideal but seems to work ok.

cheers
Paul

Switches

Hello All,

While you are busy chatting about your Aleph 30 amplifiers, have any of you chosen attractive looking, high quality power switches - preferably from Digikey, because they ship efficiently to Australia, and I am going to do another order from them soon (or I guess from Farnell who are reasonably well organized locally.)

My next project is to be some Aleph 3/30/Babelfishs and I think it about time I put on-off switches on my amplifiers, rather than just using the wall power switch.

They have to be "nice looking" and "high quality" because I am going to be cutting into my black anodized front panels (something I have avoided so far) and I would like them either to last a long time or be reliably replacable without having to re-cut the front panels of my cases.

Regards,
George.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Re: Switches

GeorgeBoles said:
Hello All,

While you are busy chatting about your Aleph 30 amplifiers, have any of you chosen attractive looking, high quality power switches - preferably from Digikey, because they ship efficiently to Australia, and I am going to do another order from them soon (or I guess from Farnell who are reasonably well organized locally.)

My next project is to be some Aleph 3/30/Babelfishs and I think it about time I put on-off switches on my amplifiers, rather than just using the wall power switch.

They have to be "nice looking" and "high quality" because I am going to be cutting into my black anodized front panels (something I have avoided so far) and I would like them either to last a long time or be reliably replacable without having to re-cut the front panels of my cases.

Regards,
George.

http://www.apexjr.com/miscellaneous.html#Other

http://www.apexjr.com/components.html#Toggle

adwsail said:
FYI, You might want to stay away from the SMT boards. I have 2 of them for sale at cost (Brian's boards). I can't get the IRF9610 in a SMD package unless I order 250 of them. The boards are beautiful but useless to me.

That's not true, I got mine from Digikey, I am running 4 smd boards.

Digi-Key Part Number IRF9610S-ND
Price Break 350 Unit Price1.18200 Price 413.70
Manufacturer Part Number IRF9610S
Description MOSFET P-CH 200V 1.8A D2PAK
Quantity Available
All prices are in US dollars

Digikey won't let me order less than 350 units. If you have 6 to spare I would like to order them.

adwsail said:
Digi-Key Part Number IRF9610S-ND
Price Break 350 Unit Price1.18200 Price 413.70
Manufacturer Part Number IRF9610S
Description MOSFET P-CH 200V 1.8A D2PAK
Quantity Available
All prices are in US dollars

Digikey won't let me order less than 350 units. If you have 6 to spare I would like to order them.

I wish i had some spare i would send them to you for free, unfortinatly i don't . You could pm BrianGT he might have some.

C1 on new boards

I just recieved a beautiful set of BrianGT boards and just finished reading entire thread, now the questions.

(1) Are the new boards (black) corrected for C1 cap polarity direction?

(2) Can anyone recommend/explain a working grounding scheme for this project? (newbie so detailed info is helpful).

(3) Can anyone post a picture of ac inlet/fuse/thermistor setup?

Thanks in advance.
Pathmark

C1 on new boards

I just recieved a beautiful set of BrianGT boards and just finished reading entire thread, now the questions.

(1) Are the new boards (black) corrected for C1 cap polarity direction?

(2) Can anyone recommend/explain a working grounding scheme for this project? (newbie so detailed info is helpful).

(3) Can anyone post a picture of ac inlet/fuse/thermistor setup?

Thanks in advance.
Pathmark

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.