New Aleph Mini PCB GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The top is the mini, the bottom is the 30 with the spreader bar.

Attachments

• p1010011.jpg
    p1010011.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 1,212
Looks sweet.. Good job. Hope you like them. My mini a's have now been running 1.5 months all day 24/7 no problems at all. Now to design and start building chassis :D..

J'

This is a moc-up of a pair of chassis i would like to build My fins on my heat sinks will be facing up and Down like yours chpco.

Attachments

• omegaomicron-detail.jpg
    omegaomicron-detail.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 1,122
Grounding scheme...

Jason.. or anybody else who is watching this thread.

What was your best grounding scheme for the mini & 30...

Here's what I am thinking.

AC inlet ground ----> thermistor or R/C network---> chassis star.
Amp boards CGND ---> star
PS board ---> star

Good, bad or what?

Mine goes.

Ac line thermister on one ac rail > then to transformer> then to psu board. all my grounds go to psu board . my ground off the ac plug goes to the center of the psu board. :p

I have noticed that having a thermister on one amp it doesn't pop on startup but on power down it does the slightest.. :D

Any one done any mods to get these babies sounding better if possible :D

My amp's have been running smooth i really like them. NOW to get chassis :D

Ac line thermister on one ac rail > then to transformer> then to psu board.

I understand the thermistor for the soft start on the hot AC...

I thought I would try a thermistor on the ground. NP shows it on his BOSOZ and credits the idea in his write up on the project. The tech explanation is that it tends to offer resistance in the loop but will conduct during a failure.

Anybody try this?

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Up and Running

When I was able to pick up a pair of Aleph 2 mono chassis a little while back (trading post-audiohobby), my plans changed for these boards.

A few changed resistor values later, new trannies, and a couple of Aleph 2's from these boards are burning in. Will post pictures later when I can get a camera that does better close ups, but in a single word--wonderful.

And the case isn't even that much hotter than a summer day here in the valley.

Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
Yeah, I liked the simple look of the SMD Aleph layout that I made a while back. If Jason wants, I will work with him to revive and revise this layout. Would be getting rid of the SMD transistors, adding balanced capability, and possibly using through-hole caps instead.

Always liked this pic:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Any more demand for the Mini-Aleph pcb set? I can still do another run of them if people want them.

--
Brian

Only a few modd's needed to this original layout is..

One the ztx transistors need to be not smd because they dont do well under a little bit of load thus why you see in my picture/ Brians picture they are soldered in place of the smd version.

I really like the sound of the mini a's (SMD ) version best. Ill be connecting them again tonight to show pictures and better performance. Im going to copair them again to the ones i have built.
Pictures and comment's soon.

Ill be flying down to brian's this march to visit and work on this project.. Since im the one that got it going in the first place id like to see it populate more. SMD version should be welcome.

Id like to also note ill be doing kit's with..

A) Bare board's with all parts and REALLY REALLY detailed instrustions.

B) smd version with all smd parts soldered already. WIth other part's properly Labeled and better documentation.

Maybe even kit's with all parts ie heat sink's tranny's Psu kit's etc etc.

Any other suggestions please post :)

Jason

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.