New Aleph Mini PCB GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
steenoe said:
They are 10.000uF each and can be bought for about 11,50usd. Good price for a quality cap like that.

Steen.

BTW I even think they are shipped worldwide without additional postage:cool:

So the 47,000uF caps that are exactly the same as yours but 5 times more capacity that I was offering a limited quantity of for $8 US ea. is the deal of the century?:) :)

Anthony

eugenio said:
I live in italy and I have found a stock of kendeil capacitors...

with screw terminal
47000uF 63V 85° for about 20 EURO what do you think????

I can buy these caps???

Howdy Eugenio, That sounds expensive, plus Brian's PSU boards will not really work with screw terminal caps.

Edit: 20 Euros is just over $25 US, that is expensive

Regards

Anthony

So the 47,000uF caps that are exactly the same as yours but 5 times more capacity that I was offering a limited quantity of for $8 US ea. is the deal of the century?
Funny there wasn't more interest in those caps, that was really cheap. I have some caps for my own already, but would reconsider if offered caps at that price. I didn't really notice, must have been away at the time you offered them.

Steen.:)

steenoe said:
Funny there wasn't more interest in those caps, that was really cheap. I have some caps for my own already, but would reconsider if offered caps at that price. I didn't really notice, must have been away at the time you offered them.

Steen.:)

It amazes me how untrusting the general DIY population is sometimes. I had the chance to get hundreds of these and tried to drum up interest in several threads including a GB Thread I started.

Oh well, you snooze you lose, they say. I have an opportunity to buy 48 more, if there was some interest, any interest I might buy them on my own dime and sell them off as all the Dopey's wake up and starting asking "Oh do you have any left" :)

I am not at all bitter just mystified, I had to rattle the Vendors cage just to get a good deal on the 22,000uF caps instead of the 15,000uF ones originally quoted by Jason for his GB. Then when the Vendor comes back with this special offer, I am just stupified by the deal. :)

Regards

Anthony

Coulomb said:

It amazes me how untrusting the general DIY population is sometimes. I had the chance to get hundreds of these and tried to drum up interest in several threads including a GB Thread I started.

I am not at all bitter just mystified, I had to rattle the Vendors cage just to get a good deal on the 22,000uF caps instead of the 15,000uF ones originally quoted by Jason for his GB. Then when the Vendor comes back with this special offer, I am just stupified by the deal. :)

Regards

Anthony

Hi Anthony,

If it means anything I appreciate your efforts. If I didn't have two other projects on the go, I'd have definitely been interested!

regards

Dave

WorkingAtHome said:
I have had interest all along. I put in a purchase req. with my wife, and was turned down. Taxes just came back though, and I might be doing some moonlight contracting, so maybe I can get a few after all. "You have any left?" ;)

Do you mean the Caps "Work at Home Guy"? I have 24 left and if I can get some cash coming in I will buy the last 48 on my dime.

Price is $45 US for 6, including shipping (plus 3.5% for Pay Pal - Sorry), PM me for pay pal address.

Regards

Anthony

Hello Dennis, not a dumb question at all, what would be dumb is not to ask if you were not sure.

They are 35VDC

I also have the following coming as well.

4 x SMH50VN393M40X80T4 39000uf 050vdc 40.0mm X 80.0mm
2 x SMH50VN273M35X80T2 27000uf 050vdc 35.0mm X 80.0mm
2 x KMH50VN223M35X65T2 22000uf 050vdc 35.0mm X 65.0mm
4 x KMH50VN273M35X80T2 27000uf 050vdc 35.0mm X 80.0mm

All Snap in.

Regards

Anthony

tnx coulomb but in this moment I'm not at home ....
your caps are very interesting....
but I dont use psu board.... I have copper bars and I have found IR bridges with screws....

how much for it????

sorry for my bad english...:D

eugenio said:
tnx coulomb but in this moment I'm not at home ....
your caps are very interesting....
but I dont use psu board.... I have copper bars and I have found IR bridges with screws....

how much for it????

sorry for my bad english...:D

No worries Eugenio, so you are using CG Caps, I understand.

What did you want to know the price of Eugenio?

BTW, here is my CG Cap collection.

http://www.briangt.com/gallery/coulomb-shop/DSC00215?full=1

Regards

Anthony

to fit C6 or not to fit

C6 680pf of the masters Aleph 5 circuit diagram has no place on brian's pcb and is not fitted to the masters A30 Can someone please explain to my simple mind what this part does and if omitting it would be a problem

Please find attached Aleph 5 part designations for brian's pcb,s if somebody else wishes to check for errors please feel free to report your findings.

May I utilize this opportunity to say a big thanks to, The master Mr Pass, Brian, Anthony and jleaman. :up:

Attachments

• minialeph-parts_list.zip
    5.6 KB · Views: 236
Re: to fit C6 or not to fit

mark stones said:
C6 680pf of the masters Aleph 5 circuit diagram has no place on brian's pcb and is not fitted to the masters A30 Can someone please explain to my simple mind what this part does and if omitting it would be a problem

Please find attached Aleph 5 part designations for brian's pcb,s if somebody else wishes to check for errors please feel free to report your findings.

May I utilize this opportunity to say a big thanks to, The master Mr Pass, Brian, Anthony and jleaman. :up:

Hello Mark, that printed schematic I mailed you easy to follow? :)

Regards

Anthony

dhole said:
Hi there Mark

i removed the cap mentioned during fault finding on my Aleph 5 9using brianGT's boards) no problems there. I think the capacitor is there for saftey measures. As you say it is ommitted on the aleph 30 and I think on the 60.
dave

Dave,

Before i apply power to these pcb's do my Aleph 5 parts designations tally with yours.

Regards,
Mark Stones

A30-A5/A5-A30???

mark stones said:

Dave,

Before i apply power to these pcb's do my Aleph 5 parts designations tally with yours.

Regards,
Mark Stones

Hi Mark, Dave - I keep going back and forth wondering which way I am going to go w/ Brian's boards, (A30 or A5) however I might be leaning towards the A5 now. Mark thank you for the updated Excel list for the A5, very helpful, I was wondering if all your part catagories checked out and if in fact C6 was omitted. I've scoured the search archives for R16 & R21 bias adjustments and have saved for reference if this can be of help let me know.

Stan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.