Wire or Why err

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello

Im on the way with my aleph ... got given some big heatsinks and now some big 28v toroidals! So Im happy. well I am thinking why err now. Thats Wire really (sorry for that). Imwas wondering. I dont know too much about the awg rating and therte fore when looking to purchase on the web some nice looking military standard silver coated copper wire I dont know what thikness to get... Could you lot advise I can get from 16 awg to 38 . I know 28 is really thin and 33 standard for tonearms. What should I go for for audio inside my aleph?

dave

Dave,

I´ve used 2x 1mm silver coated copper wire (twisted with a drill) for all power supply and fet connections inside my Aleph-X. Seems to work fine. I once changed the wiring in my Aleph5 from 2mm^2 to 10mm^2 (power supply/output) without much effect.

I think it´s more important to keep your wiring as short and neat as possible.

William

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.