The Aleph 3Turbo: HotRodding the A3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
jacco vermeulen said:
exactly, i feel very much for a V(fet)12, would call my version the Whipple'd though.

Shall we call this V(fet) 12 the fully blown version for just when not the first watt , but also the last watt may just be as important.

A practical application may apply to direct coupling to low impedance ribbons, electrostatics etc.

Unfortunately, hi end drivers and sensitivity do not always to had in hand and perhaps this is the flip side to the First Watt where nothing else will do but brute force. Of course amplifier efficiency would go right out the window for low% current share, but for powers of 30 watts or so this may not be so important.

Although fun, we may be going full circle here and getting back to basics with the ZenV1-6.

Macka

Naaahhh, i am already working on Zen-XA's with 24 of them IRFP's.

As i happen to be one of those electrostatics, and my esl63's go down to 2.4 Ohm i am very curious what a Supercharged low series Aleph will do.
(actually, i am on Art Whipple's mailing list because i am saving for a Whippled Blue Devil Corvette, but at the moment i can only afford Blues Boards)

Here's the Aleph 3SuperCharger schematic. Just replace the semicons as seen in the Aleph manual by Mr. Pass. It will be noted that I included R113 to control the CCS reference voltage and thereby be able to use standard value Source resistors for about 4A total bias.

Following the schematic will be some response graphs. Yes, the graphs show about 80Wrms into 2ohms! And it's 30Wrms pure Class A into 8ohms!

Attachments

• aleph 3sc.pdf
    17.4 KB · Views: 245
Here's the Aleph 3SuperCharger schematic. Just replace the semicons as seen in the Aleph manual by Mr. Pass. It will be noted that I included R113 to control the CCS reference voltage and thereby be able to use standard value Source resistors for about 4A total bias.

Following the schematic will be some response graphs. Yes, the graphs show about 80Wrms into 2ohms! And it's 30Wrms pure Class A into 8ohms!
Please tell me wy u use so low components, the irf530 is that the power mos for a turbo A3, can you not better use the irfp240 or even better irfp250

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.