input switching design for balanced line stage

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am planning to do my first amplifier-project, the bzls.

As I'm a newbie in circiut design I spent long nights reading up and down through the net to gather information :xeye:
The result is a never ending list of links and many useful hints on the topic - thanks to this forum.
What I didn't find until now was a layout to make an appropriate input switch for the amp.

It would be nice if someone could help me!

Joseph

Switching balanced inputs.

Joseph, I have used digital switches for such things in the past. The new generation of digital controlled analog switches have an on resistance below 10 ohms. They can be break before make and use bcd control or direct control. If you are interested, let me know and I can forward the info to you.
If you have sources with unbalanced output, check out Analog Devices SSM-2142 balanced line driver. This chip is used in 90% of the mixing consoles I have worked on. It also makes an easy way to bridge a stereo or two mono amplifiers. Regards, Steve

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.