irf9610 matching and manufactures

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there People

Ive spent this afternoon matching up some irf9610 chips I picked. Up I was unfortunate enough to pick up a mixed bag although it was cheap . I am in the uk so £.80 each was good. The chips are mainly manufactured by SEC (14) and IR (6) . I havent had a problem matching and have a few sets of 3 . I am curious though about the manufacturer who I havent heard of . I am also curious about the vgs results which seem higher than I expected. They average 3.79v using a 1k resistor and a 15v psu as per Mark Finnis's pdfs on his aleph 4 . I dont have a problem it seems but I would be interested to know if the chips are any good in comparison to IR's ?
regards
dave

Mr. Pass has indicated in earlier posts that matching the 9610 pair is better done in the circuit than out. Has anything changed since that post reference Mr. Pass? I also would like to know where to place in my standy switch circuit in order to have it draw only 3W like on your XA100 :?)

SEC is definitely Samsung - OK quality, but IR, Siliconix, GE/Harris, Motorola/On are most likely better. However, the components thatyou have are always better than the mythically perfect, unobtainable components that you don't have.... One thing to note, though, is that Nelson Pass documented a kink in the transfer function of N-Channel IR parts that doesn't seem to happen in parts from other manufacturers. If I remember correctly, it doesn't happen with P-Channel parts, so you should be in the clear with the parts you have from either SEC or IR.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.