A cross between A5 and A3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Heatsinks

Maybe with little mod the last one becomes more attractive to me also ;) - and the mod is - cut PCB to half, capacitor closer to trannie - and again - each channel on opposite heatsink and then transistors 3pcs/heatsink ...

BTW - what about mounting 6 transistors on left and 6 on right heatsink - would front and rear had some major effect to cooling or would I get local overheating?? I mean - each heatsink is rated around 0,32K/W ...
Probably it would be smart thing to put e.g. copper bar to side heatsinks???

Oh btw - the amp I'm talking about is no more mix between A3&A5 - this is "fully" A5 - trannie is 900VA/4x25V, capacitors are 68.000uF/50V ... I have some MUR860 left - so I intend to use them ... And that's pretty much it ...

uli said:
why dont you put them on the top cover?

I would put 3 Fets per heatsink to distribute heat evenly.

Uli

:nod: :nod: :nod:

You refer to connectors I gues - yes I got idea to split the top - let's say to 1/4 at back and 3/4 - and 1/4 would be fixed part with connectors on;

I also think it is better to have transistors on all 4 sides - but what about long wires (OK, it is also truth that transistors are on 4 PCBs - so it's only one set of wires/3 transistors ...

Oh btw - that's how it looks to squeze capacitors as close as possible to trannie and to mount two PCB on left and right heatsink ... I think I like this most :D

Attachments

• a5 proto19min.jpg
    a5 proto19min.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 190
MikeW - I know that's "a simple" option - but I've built a cardboard model the other day - and it's just to big ... Gosh - it was more deep than the A5 and Zen v4 that are currently at my place ...
And also - I intend to build chassis by myself - it's quite easier for me to work with 300x300mm Al plate than with 600 x 300 ...

But nevertheles - never say never - I might change my mind ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.