Forte 4 Upgrades

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello. First time poster.

I did a quick search but didn't come up with anything on upgrading my Pass design Forte 4a amp. I understand one can increase the filter capacity to get better performance and I'm interested in trying the diy scene, so, I thought an amp upgrade might be a good first step.

If anyone is familiar with such an upgrade, could you please tell me:

1) Are there any on-line resources that you could point me to?
2) What capacitor values have been used in such upgrades?
3) Have other elements of the PS been modified (e.g. fast switching rectifiers, etc.)?

Oh, and if this is not the proper forum to post in, please give me a gentle shove to the right forum.

Thanks,

Lee

Thanks for the responses, guys. I'm sure Mr. Pass is the right guy to say what's a Pass design and what isn't.

I suppose my confusion comes from my - perhaps flawed - understanding that Forte was connected to Threshold during the Pass years. Of course, I'll search the archives to clear up; no need to waste bandwidth on this matter.

Thanks again guys,

Lee

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.