basic on aleph p 1.7 preamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello guys, in my plans are pass aleph p 1.7. I searched but find a little about parts. only Kilowatsky.. :( dear kilowatsky and othres I have folowing quastions and plans

I will build this preamp-
1-without relays
2-with discrete volume regulator

questions are
1)what volume pot I should use 2? 10? 100kilo ohm?? or can I redo 100k pot to 2??
2)I cant use 50v elna silmic in power suply stage.?? min 63V panasonic for ex? . seeing from schematic I see that voltage after refricter can be arround 86(!) volts. I am limited on 63v capasitors only..

3) what capasitors are the most important of theese 10uf? c9/c13 or c 10/c14- 3x10uf ?? I planing use audyn zinc folie to c9/13 and audyn zinc folie mixed with simple mundorf ?

also I need pcb layout that I can build myself pcb, prefered single sided. can anybody post it to me. email rolandas_vargalis@yahoo.co.uk

thanks for everybody and will wait answer..

Hope I can build this nice preamp. btw it will be mached with aleph5 clone
:)

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
As far as I understand, P1.7 has output attenuators of ladder circuits. The concept seems to be 8 different attenuators, each of which has varying Ri (= Rih + Ril). Max Ri is seen as about 8K while min Ri about 120.

If so, I interpret that we could use any of 10K output volume or lower.

For me to enjoy diy, I am planning to build the P1.7 output ladder attenuators, using 8 manual toggle switches.

1. I'm using 5K stepped attenuators and it works fine. I tried 50K pot but it was no good.

2. Don't use 63V caps after the rectifier, but you can use them after the mosfet regulator (IRF610).

3. I think output caps (3x10uf) are more important. I didn't experiment with these. I've just put BG N type (like kilowattski) all over the place and the sound is awesome.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.