turned on Aleph 1.2,but LED doesn't Light up

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, late last night I got to the point where I could turn on for the first time my Aleph 1.2,when I did the LED's didn't light up? Is it possilbe they're wired wrong (+,-). I'm using BrianGT first run of boards and there is a + and - on the board but when it came to the LED itself I had to guess at the polarity. Does it make a difference?

Thanks
Steve

Thank very much. I swictched the legs around and it worked. Yes the amp works. I've got a groung loop hummmmmm, but I think I know what I did wrong in the amp..? Did I mention how wonderful it sounds. It blows away my Hafler 9500 which is a very good (border line great ) amp.THANK YOU NELSON. One amp compleled (almost, still some metal finishing ete..) and the the half of a speaker,I listen for over two hours even the wife came in and listen. It was that good.

Thank you again
Steve

Honestly, I've got a bunch of mongrel LEDs that I've picked up here and there. Quite a few of them have leads nearly if not identical in length. Life's too short to go fiddling with them. Stick 'em in one way. If they work, great, if they don't, turn 'em around. The one this weekend actually had leads of differing length and I had it right the first time, then tore the circuit down and rebuilt it (power supply for amplifer) slightly differently with the LED in backwards. Cussed and put it in the other way. Worked.
Cussin' is a great way to communicate to a device that it's not doing what you wanted it to do.
Note that I didn't say that the device actually responds to said cuss words, but neither do they respond to polite parlor talk so you might as well cut loose and have fun.

Grey

Transparancy is the word!

Most of the times you can see trough the LED and see a difference in the inside between both leads. I belive it was the anode that had a small element inside the led and the cathode a large element. Anyway, once you know this for one LED, it will be the same for the others ;)

For me this works best.

Erik - still working on his Aleph 5 - Hoogma

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.