Pearl Phono stage

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The parts list shows R1, C14, C16 as "User Value". I cannot find any mention of these parts in the manual or on the schematic. What do these parts do and how do I go about choosing values for them?

Also, in addition to the Vishay resistors, I noticed Mouser also sells Wima caps. Has anyone tried using Wima instead of Panasonic for the film caps?

I guess you ran into the same problem i did when ordering parts
this week. DigiKey is out of the .15uF panasonics. Looks like they
won't be getting them in until mid-December.

I couldn't find a Wima part at .15uF on Mouser... but then again
i might have missed it - difficult to read online guide.

I have substituted a higher voltage Panasonic cap while i'm building
and have the Pearl on the bench, and will replace it when the
other part becomes available.

If someone can give part #'s and a place to buy the Wima's i'd
give them a try too.

m.

The parts list shows R1, C14, C16 as "User Value". I cannot find any mention of these parts in the manual or on the schematic. What do these parts do and how do I go about choosing values for them?

Those components are for loading your cartridge.
It is not sure you need to install those.
You can find lots of info about this here:
http://www.passlabs.com/downloads.htm
Look for the ONO literature.

Mr. Pass is such a kind man:)

Steen.

I need to reduce the gain of the Pearl phono stage. I would like to switch to a higher output cartridge. I follow the Pearl with a line stage that has a minimum gain of 7dB because of the output transformer. I am using this in a calibrated (0VU = 7cm/sec stereo) lacquer cutting setup. So far I have been unable to get a pad to work without increased distortion.

Besides designing a correct output pad is there a way to reduce the gain by 12dB or so?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.