DIY progress report

Hi guys !

What a good-looking new ?
After have asked a german friend to translate me the global idea of this text, it seems a Philips JFET look closer to our beloved 2SK170 !
( datasheet from NXP ( formerly Philips ) in attached parts )

Es gibt Leute, auf deren gut gemeinte Ratschläge sollte man hören. Einer davon ist sicherlich Scott Wurcer, kein geringerer als der Entwickler des legendären Low Noise-OP AD797 von Analog Devices.
Jener Scott Wurcer hat vor einiger Zeit in den Tiefen des Forums diyaudio.com einen höchst interessanten Tipp verlauten lassen, der der Lötergemeinde einige Sorgen nehmen könnte.
Scott hat nämlich einen netten JFET entdeckt, der sich dem Vernehmen nach praktisch genau so verhalten soll wie der legendäre Toshiba 2SK170, der zum einen immer seltener und zum anderen immer teurer wird. Dieser besagte FET hört auf die Typenbezeichnung BF862 und kommt aus dem Philips-Stall.
Das eröffnet ein paar höchst interessante Möglichkeiten für zukünftige Projekte wie rauscharme Phonovorstufen in Pass-Manier, universelle diskret aufgebaute OPs und noch ein paar Sachen mehr. Ich bin prinzipiell willens, bei Digikey ein freundliches kleines 1000er-Päckchen davon zu ordern, dann landen wir nämlich bei einem Preis von unter 15ct pro Stück. 1000 sind mir allerdings ein bisschen viel, deshalb suche ich an dieser Stelle ein paar Leute, die sich an der Aktion beteiligen würden.

Falls jemand Interesse hat, bitte ich um eine Mail an hbhifi[ät]gmail.com.

[undgleichnochnupdate] Die Bestellung läuft. Einer der Sammelbesteller hat sich freundlicherweise bereit erklärt, die komplette Abwicklung zu übernehmen, wofür ich herzlich danke. Die Teilnehmer sollten sich also nicht wundern, wenn's kurzfristig Mail zum Thema gibt, die nicht von mir stammt. [/undgleichnochnupdate]

[update] Ich hätt's ja nicht gedacht, aber die 1000 FETs sind schon weg. Respekt vor der Experimentierfreude der lötenden Zunft!
Alle "Betroffenen" versorge ich in den nächsten Tagen mit Informationen zur Abwicklung. [/update]

Source : http://www.holgerbarske.com/news/index.php?shownews=219

Attachments

• bf-862.pdf
    81.9 KB · Views: 100
jacco vermeulen said:
That's it, i have Zappa albums and even attended a Zappa concert, i'm part of the old fart brigade.

You are what You is, Dumb all Over is my motto !
PS: Kurt mcGettrick passed off about a month ago.

I appreciate his tribute to the Bolero.:)
Listening to The Best Band You Never Heard In Your Life, my first impression was : zappa is intelligent.
I had the same impression with Flaubert compared to Victor Hugo.
Manu

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Manu said:
Mr Pass,
Since I am a newby in Frank Zappa, and since I wanted to celebrate your birthday with some Zappa Listening, I would like to ask you if you could recommend some titles to begin with.
Manuel
:)

If you would like a DVD,

Frank Zappa: Apostrophe / Over-Nite Sensation

It sells for ~$11.00 on Amazon, and is a great documentary
produced by the family, including lots of live performances.

:cool:

Nelson Pass said:

If you would like a DVD,

Frank Zappa: Apostrophe / Over-Nite Sensation

It sells for ~$11.00 on Amazon, and is a great documentary
produced by the family, including lots of live performances.

The CD with the same name is one of Zappa's greatest albums! The guy was a nutcase!! What artist can pump out 3-4 double albums in 1 year?? Man.... Either he was nutz or he was borderline..;)
One more suggestion for your Zappa collection: "Shut Up 'n Play Yer Guitar" Double album as usual;) One of his best IMO, easily accessible and digestable. Someone once claimed that Zappa couldnt play guitar, the "Shut Up....." album was his answer:DYou never heard from the critic's again;)
Another swell addition to a Zappa collection would be "Sheik Yerbouti" Man those lyrics has amused me so many times..... As Zappa said: "We need money, better come up with some sheet" So he popped out a global hit at will:D Genious or what??

Steen:)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member

Attachments

• zm-coyote.jpg
    zm-coyote.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 829
I rx'ed the Frank Zappa: Apostrophe / Over-Nite Sensation DVD from Amazon, and sat down to watch it twice but still haven't been able to complete it (life interruptions).

So far it looks good, and definitely reminds me of why I have and like the various Zappa CD's.

I guess I'm just a little disappointed in the music industry since you can buy this "video" disc cheaper that you can buy the audio CD's.

But I'm very happy to have gotten it and am thankful for the tip about something different.

Nelson Pass said:

I don't think I've mentioned it previously, but I have an ultra-
complete Zappa collection, vinyl, cd, video, and print.

Thats cool:cool: Zappa must have been one of the most productive artists ever. Take a look at his albumlist:
http://www.allmusicguide.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=11:kbfoxqe5ldde~T20 3-4 albums a year is not unusual. I like him, but its not an artist that invites to overdoseing (for me at least)

Steen:)