DIY progress report

cka3o4nuk said:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

zen4 :) single sided pcb first try

Nice build!

You should turn those Rifa PSU capacitors, they are dangerous when turned upside down. Also note the position of the safety vent, when horizontal.

Magura :)

Balanced B1

I cheated on mine - I am using a pair of Lundahl 1676 amorphous core transformers in a 2:1+1 configuration. Frequency response is 10 Hz to 40 kHz within 0.5 db with less than 0.2% distortion up to 22 Vrms in the secondaries. Less parts is better and I like the single-ended nature of the B1. Call me a romantic.

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Tolu said:

A paramount website, descriptions shorter than a SMS. :D

OK, now I know the price in USA. I think it will never cross the ocean to Germany!:cannotbe:

look for Papa's article about discrete OP for DIY-ers ;

make simplest one , without overall feedback , with adequate local degeneration ..... and that's probably B3

judging by latest Papa's minimalistic creations .....

:clown:

or - make Grey's latest preamp

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
By way of keeping this thread alive, perhaps I should just
start posting random DIY stuff.

Here's BAF '07.

:cool:

Attachments

• diy001.jpg
    diy001.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 584
Nelson Pass : The guy that gave more to the diy community than anyone else I know.
Absolute legend, gentleman and scholar.
I also hope to pay a visit some time. Or if you come to visit Australia then you're welcome in my home any time.
Nice pictures, it's good to put a face to some of the great contributors around here. You can literally see the enthusiasm and excitement each of these guys have for diy and spending time with Nelson.

Last edited: