A5 behaves strangely

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Now I was tested a new configuration and power on 8ohm is about 52W, but there is only about 25W power on 4ohm load.

I was replace a R21 with trimer pot, but I can only lower power on 4ohm, no matter if I increase or deincrease R21. What can it be wrong now ??? :(

please help ?

This is sinewave output on 8 ohm load. Good for me, but just a half of that power on 4 ohm load :( :bawling:

Attachments

• max_power.jpg
    max_power.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 262
Hi Kirc,

2.1A with 50% ac-current-gain should give around 50 watts 8 ohm (voltage limited) and 35 watts 4 ohm (current limited). (4.2A peak current)

25 watts 4 ohms means only 3.5A paek current or 1-2.1/3.5 = 40% ac-current-gain

To get 90 watts 4 ohms (if you want that) you must raise peak current to 6.7A. With 2.1A bias this means around 68% ac-current gain. .

To get this you must lower R21 until 68% of the ac current flow through the upper source resistors and 32% through the lower source resistors (at 10 watt 8 ohms for example)
Try something like 390 ohms for R21.

William

Hi,

I have the same problem with the positive sine wave being squared off when i pass a sine input signal through my Aleph5.

I'm not too sure if I understood the solution correctly, decrease the 1 Ohm source resistors of the output MOSFETs?

Is there other methods of solving this problem?

Regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.