??'s to Mr. Pass

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nelson Pass said:
They are extruded for us. You can find similar sorts of
sinks from Thermalloy and so on, or you can raid the
dumpster out back of the Krell factory.

If i lived near the Krell factory darn right i would be dumpster diving!!!!

But being in MN, all i can do is snoop through Audio Researches dumptser but the never toss anything fun!!

Zero

did anyone here compare the sound of Aleph , X and XA b4 ? i only seen on the mag (200? ces show) Sony SCD1 + X1000 + B&W 801 !! As i know sony and b&w both are ''(very)bright sound'' compare to other player/speaker !!! so i think the X series is like warm(very)/mild sounding amp . how about Aleph and XA ?? warmer ??? normally (my opinion) if a amplifier mid is good then the Hi and Low not well extend !! right ?? any comment ??

Exactly!! I shop there as often as i can! they close too dang early and there not open saturdays!!! Bummer.

And i Miss the Old Acme electronics On washington and 3rd. and Ax-Man just isnt what it USED to be, kind of sucks now...

and what ever happened to Crazy Louies??? On university in St. Paul????

My Father used to take me to those places Plus 3M surplus every year on my Birthday as a kid. I still go every year at least to ABC and Ax-Man anyway....

Zero :Pumpkin:

I am in the bin

Speaking about shopping "bum" style : some week ago i acquired 24 toroids from a car mechanic who decided to return to cars after a short sebatical in the computer world.
Each is rated at 300 VA, twice 25 Volts, computer grades.

As i am Dutch i am most certainly not going to tell you the size of the investment i made.

24 times 300 makes a dual 3600 VA powersupply.
Are there advantages of using several transformers to build a monaural powersupply or merely downsides ?
I remember a number of amps from the past that did use more than one transformer.

As this is my first day here i would like to say hi to everyone.
And a thank you to Mr Pass for the many articles by his hand i read over the years, for the Hawksford articles today.

jacco.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.