The Pass Monster? - Page 25 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th January 2005, 03:10 AM   #241
diyAudio Member

Default Monster's output.

Shall we notify the ghost of Tesla and build another transmitter tower to connect to this?
Old 28th January 2005, 08:19 PM   #242
diyAudio Member

Methinks Dr. Benton Quest should be called in.
Anthony,
Can you hang loose for a while on the preamp whilst I try to Mad Scientist this thing?
jacco vermeulen,
I've never been drawn to Darjeeling. I prefer darker teas, in pretty much the same way the I prefer red wine, the bolder the better. Besides, when you need caffeine, Assam is pretty much king; it's the basis of most breakfast teas. Me, I just cut to the chase...give me the Assam straight up. Drinking some GFOP Tippy Orthodox right now, in fact. (You gotta love these terms they use.)
As for as progress goes, I'm still in the scratches on paper stage, considering options. It ain't the voltage swing that's the problem, it's the current, but I've got some ideas. Just weighing options. At the moment, my top priority is going to be the changes that Stan (editor) has requested on Mop Up (a story). Just the usual over-committed way that I live my life. I'll muddle through somehow. The trick is to do it on 3 1/2 hours sleep.

Grey
Old 28th January 2005, 08:53 PM   #243
Coulomb is offline Coulomb  England
diyAudio Member

Hey Grey, I have the patience of Job (pronounced Joeb or Jobe).

I am quite a tea tottler myself, I agree Assam teas have a nice kick, but if you can find them the Assam/Kenya blends are about as strong as they get. I used to get all my teas from Marks & Sparks, now I troll the specialty british import shops or bring them in directly from the UK.

Regards

Anthony
Old 28th January 2005, 11:09 PM   #244
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to jacco vermeulen
Even for Assam Betjeman & Barton is top of my list.

3 1/2 hours, maybe i should send you some XTC, Mr Rollins.
We grow that here, not tea i am afraid.
Old 29th January 2005, 01:03 AM   #245
diyAudio Member

www.uptontea.com
Going to have to switch over to hot cocoa shortly, I'm afraid. We're expecting freezing rain tonight and tomorrow. Hope we don't lose power.
Headed down into the dungeon. Got circuits to try out. Hope I don't freeze my (mumble) off. It's cold down there.

Grey
Old 29th January 2005, 03:19 AM   #246
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by GRollins
www.uptontea.com
Going to have to switch over to hot cocoa shortly, I'm afraid. We're expecting freezing rain tonight and tomorrow. Hope we don't lose power.
Headed down into the dungeon. Got circuits to try out. Hope I don't freeze my (mumble) off. It's cold down there.

Grey

Bloody Hell how cold can it possibly get in South Carolina, Freezing rain, bleeding luxury, we passed Freezing Rain 30 Degrees ago!!

Regards

Anthony
Old 29th January 2005, 03:40 AM   #247
diyAudio Member

Aye, but you probably have heat where you work on your circuits. I don't have heat in the basement and it gets a wee bit chilly down there, especially after a couple of hours.
It's comparatively warmer now, of course, but it was 7.7 degrees here the other morning. (Outside...not in the basement.)

Grey
Old 29th January 2005, 03:43 AM   #248
diyAudio Member

My Basement averages around 60 Degrees in the Winter, it's an older house and a wee bit drafty. I have a foot warmer and a portable Oil heater next to my workbench. I know what you mean about getting chilly after a couple of hours, I could not stay down there with out my portable heaters.

Regards

Anthony
Old 29th January 2005, 02:08 PM   #249
diyAudio Member

Default Chilly basements.

Hi guys, I know this has nothing to do with the Pass Monster but, you need to get into massive tube amps or large class A. That way you could enjoy your hobby and be warm!
I have the same problem. I just want to hibernate when it gets cold. I have started saving the textured foam from my company's boxes to line the cement walls with. It is warmer and has the added benefit of sound absorbtion!
If your load resistors are big enough, just plug them into the mains! That is an audio guy's space heater!
Regards, Steve
Old 29th January 2005, 02:13 PM   #250
K-amps is offline K-amps  United States
diyAudio Member

Alright.... I subscribed to this thread because I was very interested in a megawatt Arc welder... the last 10 posts or so have been kind of "off-topic". I go to the thread thinking there will be some update from Smarmy, Zero or Nelson...

Guys, the anticipation is chilling!

Hide this!Advertise here!