Building ONO - looking for 2SK170 & 2SK389

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
K170gr

You can get 2SK170 from www.Reichelt.de at very good price, and it is very probable that they are GR (which is what I got last time).

If you want to be absolute sure, call their technical phone line or state on the internet order form (the comment section, unfortunately everything in German) that you only want GR. Minimum order is 10 Euro's, post is 3.60 in Germany. Can't beat that !!

Many people from England have ordered stuff from them for Aleph X without too much problem.

Patrick

Re: K170gr

EUVL said:
You can get 2SK170 from www.Reichelt.de at very good price, and it is very probable that they are GR (which is what I got last time).

If you want to be absolute sure, call their technical phone line or state on the internet order form (the comment section, unfortunately everything in German) that you only want GR. Minimum order is 10 Euro's, post is 3.60 in Germany. Can't beat that !!

Many people from England have ordered stuff from them for Aleph X without too much problem.

Patrick

It is also true that for foreign orders they have a 100€ minumum order...

Cheers

Andrea

S K,

About the pairing of the 2SK170GR

I have found that on the forum:
*** 2SK170 has different Idss classification:
*** GR(2.6-6.5mA),BL(6.0-12mA),V(10-20mA)

So to pair the 2SK170-GR you should check them with a 5mA current

so with 15 volts - 2/3 volt fet Vds that leave us with 12 volts in the resistor
for a 5mA current so : it's 12/0.005 = 2.400 Ohms or 2.4 KOhms

I have used a 2.2 KOhms still soldered on my setup for this purpose.

Regards.

Alain.

Hi Alain,
I got my 2SK170 and managed to match them with Dragan's help. He suggested using the same circuit as the Ono, applying 15v and measure the voltage at the 22 ohms source resistor. Now waiting for more components to complete the board. The enclosure or cabinet is another hard thing to find in this part of the world. They are all the standard aluminium casing, not that good looking.
Best Regards SK

Hi all,
I have finally completed my ONO phono amp and an external PSU. I want to thank Dragan for all his support. Attached is a photo of the phono amp. Will try to take more photos to post in gallery.

Attachments

• img_0020a.jpg
    img_0020a.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 525
It also took me some time to get all the components. I also ran it in for many hours. The sound is very good, clear highs, beautiful mids and good bass. I did not have any regrets starting this project. You should start it ASAP. The 'flexible' loading resistance helps in finding the best sound for your cartridge. I am using it with my LP12, Ittok and OC9 Mk2:) :) :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.