My Bosoz.......take a look!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have not yet found out how to post images with the IMG button. But I can send the pictures as attachments:

This is the front.

Attachments

• bosoz front.jpg
    bosoz front.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 1,290
The top, back and sides are from plexiglass. It is easy to work with BUT you cannot glue it to anything else but itself.

I ordered a big piece of plexiglass 4mm thick and cut out all the parts except the front, 2 pieces each. I then glued them together to form the final part that I used.

The only thing I outsourced whas the construction of the fins in the sides for aircooling. These where done on a small cnc machine.

The front is 8mm thick one piece. The knobs came from Dact through audiocomponents.nl.
At the back I have one balanced input plus five rca inputs, one tape output and one line output. The balanced input is shared with one of the six rca inputs and via the back switch I choose balanced or rca mode.

All wiring has been done with cat5e wire. I think it gives excellent results although it is cheap.
All parts have been ordered from Digikey and the transformers are from RS components - Nuvotem Talema. The on-off switch is located at the front left side placed on the bottom plate. The led is of course blue.

At the moment I have only listened to the preamp on my bench via the AKSA amp an a small car loudspeaker. The Aksa is dead silent and when the Bosoz is turned on I can hear a faint hiss in the background. You can hear this hiss only if you are near the loudspeakr 10cm. I presume it is natural but I would like other peoples comment on this also!

I do not have any more time left at the moment. Tomorrow I will give you some info on my technics with plexiglass.

George

I glued the pieces together with a special glue that I got from a shop in Athens. It looks exactly like water. Same colour and texture. You put some of this glue on plexiglass and press the two pieces together. After 5 min they have glued together very very strongly.

George

Hi,

I'm very excited to see that there are both balanced and un-balanced inputs/outs on your creation. Am I right in guessing that there is one balanced input and a few un-balanced, all going through to the balanced output?

The issue of balanced/un-balanced input/output bothers me a lot. You seem to have exactly what I hope for - having both. Can you explain how all these are going through the pot and the switch? I cannot not figure out the spaghetti from the picture. If you do, you will relief an insomnia (May be not, since I'll then start building).

KK

I have used one balanced input shorted with one of the rca inputs. At the output I use a balanced output shorted with a regular RCA output.

I will attach an excel file with the connections. I hope it will help you.

Regards
George

Attachments

• bosozxlr.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 175
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.