Aleph P Finished (Well at least 99% done)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here are some pictures of my Aleph P. I just have to have the knobs Brass Plated. This my first "finished project". I have a Zen IV and an Aleph 3 that is sitting in my family room making music but still needing some metal work to be called finished. Tell me what you think. By the way, it sounds heavenly. Thanks Nelson.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

A little plug for Front Panel Express. I shipped the front and rear panel to them for engraving. They did a wonderful job for not too much money and fast turnaround. This was my first experience with them and it was great! It is an excellent opportunity for the DIYer to achieve professional panels at very reasonable costs. Extremely reasonable, if you provide the panels. They can also provide the panel for you, and brush and anodize it, if you wish. Just some feedback for you on this excellent vendor.

Howdy,

I used a DACT 10K stereo balanced attenuator (4 sections ganged) on the output. I made my own gain controls for each channel using an ELMA 24 position switch set up as a 2K series attenuator using Holco H8 resistors. It is possible to use pots on the output. You would need four 5K pots ganged together for balanced operation. If you want single ended outputs you only need two pots ganged, but you will have half your normal output. Your max output will be 10v instead of 20v (balanced mode).

Hi,

a rotary (24-position) switch needs one or two resistors per step to provide a series or ladder pot (see the DACT homepage).

A balanced output pot switches one resistor between plus and minus out per step (see Borbely homepage).

This means one stereo stepped attenuator (with the right resistors) can be used for two channel balanced out.

William

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.