Looking for a NYC Aleph-X build partner(s)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have been reading this thread (for a long time it seems) and I have decided to try and build this amp. I am looking for a local build partner to share costs, equipment and time. Anyone interested please reply in this thread with what you have and how far along you are so we can match up. Who knows, maybe we can make a few groups and have a sound off on who made the best version :)

To both tze-hao yen and yldouright will a third person be a problem. I live in Queens and will like to join you guys in this buiilding exercise. I built an A40 several years ago with only a multi-meter from Radio shack, but the Aleph or the X look like more challenging.
Let me know.

about power ratings

I think that any power estimations should be qualified by discussing the power impedence load relationship. If an amp is current driven, the voltage will drop on measurements when the impedence rises giving the often false impression of weakening power but if the x-travel of the speaker driver is measured we see that the amount of air being moved (real power) is much higher than the measured value. Read up on that guy nania and his "Audio Power" theory. He's a little wacky but some of what he says makes a lot of sense when trying to reconcile what an amp measures against what it sounds like.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.