Look what I found on Ebay....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nelson Pass said:
Being in Germany, he would be violating trademark conventions,
I believe.

Absolutely right. Since Nelson is the owner of the trademarks "Aleph" and "X-ONO", he can object against their use directly at ebay Germany:

- visit ebay's VeRi-program (verified right-owners) here:
http://pages.ebay.de/help/confidence/programs-vero.html

- fill out the pdf and fax it to ebay (sorry, it's german).
In further cases a simple email will be sufficient.

Being rather slow normally, ebay ends those auctions VERY fast...

"Items are not for sale anymore"

Interesting ;)

BTW, he could of course have found this thread...

Anyway, are my above suggestion worth any further thought?
I'm thinking of doing such ugly things to my own boards, but I've never liked seing 'branded' board layouts published for DIY use on the net (except when there are patents involved or the IP holder states it shortly, maybe).

Sebastian.

Surplus boards...

The world is divided to lucky and unlucky people - .

Lucky ones have ordered a lot of boards for safety, development or business. Unluckies missed the group action and were trying to get after hours. Most unluckies live in Hungary: they did finally found a very honest reseller (25 EUR for 4 boards including all costs), money sent, boards never arrived (at least since middle of June). It wasn't registered, end of the story. (Was my first temptation to test the Hungarian Post, being happy newbies in the European Union; until then, all my eBay parcels were directed to my brother in Germany with no losses).
What is the DIYer doing? - first point-to-point, too complicated, white smoke etc. Second chance: printing the thread pictures of the board, holes in PCBs through them, a "nice" hand-drawing and with the Dremel and the finest router bit trying by hand something very enjoying... not recommended.

Now it sings marvellous though I could hear each only mono yet (mechanical finishing in process). However, I will never post its pictures because of the exagerated DIY-aspect of the boards.

Because of this story made me a bit sad reading this thread (well ended, fortunately). And maybe I was a bit off-thread, too. I am sorry...

Laci

originally posted by promitheus
Who would buy the boards at that price anyway?
Somebody who came late on the group buy and want to have boards by all means.

originally posted by GRollins
The buyer will need at least a parts list, if not a schematic. Is that included in the auction?
The text in the auction say a "partslist-schematic" is included....

originally posted by sek
Perhaps a future solution to the problem could be to include an agreement not to sell them. Buying something from a group buy is actually already like contracting to a (non-profit) seller. I see no reason why such a statement couldn't be included in a future group buy.
I believe everybody who have ordered boards from the group buy must have known already under which conditions (for DIYers only and not for sale on a profit basis) those boards were being sold.
I don`t think somebody with the intention of making profit do care much about such an agreement (as this guy also demonstrated in reply to Magura).

IMO unfortunately it can not be done much about those kind of things - sadly they just happen sometimes. Taken into account the huge amounts of X-Aleph boards which have been sold through DIY-Audio.com, I have to say it does make me indeed wonder that this do not happen more often. To me it seems that DIYers are quite disciplined overall!

originally posted by sek
Cocolino, you can safely identify the boards and every buyer, do you want to contact ebay on this?
I can not identify THIS boards. All I can say is that I have shipped 10 of this kind of boards to a guy in Lemgo. It is very, very likely that this person is also the ebay seller of this boards but I have no 100% prove of this. As Magura has a reply from him I`ll forward the name to him and we`ll see if there is a correlation
which does not leave any doubt.
Of course I wouldn`t mind contacting ebay though - but I`m glad the seller ended his DIY-Audio.com PCB auctions already (for whatever reason).

cocolino said:

As Magura has a reply from him I`ll forward the name to him and we`ll see if there is a correlation
which does not leave any doubt.

Feel free to send me a mail, but you gotta include either something interesting or a good joke, as the name of your guy will not make any difference to me. ;) The guy signed his replies with his ebay username.

Magura:)

Feel free to send me a mail, but you gotta include either something interesting or a good joke, as the name of your guy will not make any difference to me. The guy signed his replies with his ebay username.
How I love this people which don`t sign with their real name - not only that`s very bad style IMO, it also gives the impression that there is to hide something...... :rolleyes:
Well, than it does not make sense. Although it would have been interesting, finally it doesn`t make a big difference either.

why are you guys making this a big deal?
If somebody came late to group buy, he could ask in the forum if somebody had any spare ones. A lot of people have.
It`s redundant to speculate wether the seller would have been able to sell the boards actually and possibly who could have bought them. The fact alone that he have offered them (for this starting price, obviously for making profit) did no good.

Hi, Stefano,

As you had helped me in the past in a long correspondence with your tested solutions regarding the 930's Sony mods, I cannot say other than Of Coarse.

However, the amp is just being assembled (serious work to move it regularely from my cellar shop to the 1st floor and back), will last a few days to reach the first switch on - and, finally, to watch it stereo! And at its final parameters, as testings were made at about +/- 12 V rails and some 0,9 A through the four 640s (because of the low transformer voltage; the final version is eight FETs/channel, 15 V rails by voltage doubling - thank you, "byteboy"!!! - 0.95 A / FET, totally 264 mF/channel - 70 mF now). It shall sing at least a bit better; and stereo.

Sorry, but your solution will only follow the power amp (and if necessary, the BOSOZ). Was pointless to mod the player until no balanced line yet. BTW, did you read the thread explaining another mod, bypassing the second V/I IC and using directly the balanced voltage signal which exists in the Sony? It would need only buffering (ideally the BOSOZ), and we are at the AX-inputs.

Laci

"Exagerated DIY-aspect"

Hi Laci,

Nice to hear you succeeded in using the somewhat too low transformer voltages with the voltage doubling method!

I agree with the others that we have to see your work (Maybe in another thread), irrespective of the "exagerated DIY-aspect" of it - Just exactly because of this we should see it!!! :) :) :)

I think finnishing a project like this without having easy access to sources for parts like others may have is an ever bigger achievement!

Stefano, byteboy@Co!

Hi, all,

After two weeks of hospital I managed to make important steps in prefinishing the AX-project.
The most important thing, read and heard many times everywhere but now tested and defitively authenticated: It is a crime using an amp with balanced imputs unbalanced. Half an hour that I switched on - the amp already warm! - the modified Sony CDP-XB930QS (mille grazie, Stefano!!) soldering 4 wires only after the I/V balanced outputs and w/o caps laid directly to the AX, and Norah Jones sings such silky, sentimental and touchable, the instruments with such a deepness, freedom, punch and naturalness as I never heard yet. All that with some old and small Infinities, in my bedroom, at the -20dB/min position of the player. I am not able yet to transport the monstrum downstairs yet to connect the 100kg/each boxes, inspired by Watt/Puppy and Andromeda (Tony Gee - best regards!).
The 12,5V rails seem to be more than enough. Unfortunately, the very nice idea of byteboy to use a voltage doubler PSU was not used (yet...) because of the safe dissipation limits of my IRF640s (the resulting rail voltage is very dependent on the extracted current, and with 8 MOSFETs/ch only would give an optimal working point of very high dissipation).

During writing I started Norah again and am simply fascinated. The miracle of balanced driving is the same as the first sonic impression of the AX compared to the McGee VMOS amp (why VMOS? - it is full of lateral Hitachies...). Biggest thanks to Nelson and Grey!

(The DC offset made by direct coupling does not disturb me at all. Fortunately, the diff one rises at some 10s of mV only. No way to use caps!)

Laci

Prego, Laci.
Isn't a good thing the balanced source?I like it so much,and everytime it's possible I drive my Pass amps balanced.
The Sony XB930QS is a nice machine , very well constructed and if you will upgrade with the Tent clock, it will be a good player.
Nice to ear you like it too. :)

I finished the second MLTL speaker , a design by M.J. King , with the Fostex FE206E. The drivers have arrived a week ago and the stuffing is in progress . I haven't been able to find the Dacron fiber 'til now and a substitute material taked its place.

My DIY F1 (...) works Very Well with this speakers- biased at more than 5A/channel it deliver the necessary , effortless power.
The system can play LOUD and musical results fascinated me completely.

:) :) :) :) :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.