aleph3's finally FINISHED!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
finally finished. if anyone has been following my threads regarding these &*$#!^% things, you know that they've almost made me stop doing DIY. but, they are done.

ive worked for 5 hours on these tonight, so im just going to post two final pictures, then goto bed.

i will post final specs when i submit it to passdiy with some real digital camera photos.

as you can see from the second picture, they are mirror images (inside and out), because i use them as monoblocks and have very short speaker cables. also, they ONLY turn on with 12v trigger. they also have a knob on the back (its black so you probably cant see it) that controls the intensity of the LED on the front. its nice for late night listening. you can crank them down to where its just barely visible in pitch black.

goodnight! :dead:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

after my dad's pre-amp, the 2's are next.

i am working in solidworks right now to design the chassis (the back chassis will be custom CNC'ed as well. the output boards will actually fit into a customer milled indent in the side panels/heatsinks :) it will be sweet. i just got access to a CNC machine.

the biggest headache was using old parts that werent properly sorted, not knowing little things about the circuit, and arrangement and layout.

i think im pretty confident i could do all of it again and do it right. so, i dont think the aleph2's should be THAT bad. the case will take time though.

phew, once i get off work tonight, i can hook em up and listen :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.